Sending bulk update via mail

m.vandun

Hi,

Unfortunately we had a major incident this morning, as a result we now have 162 customers that are linked to a PM-ticket. We want to send everyone a mail that the problem is solved but it is still under investigation. When we receive the RFO we want to update all of these customers with the update. Is there an easy way to do this? We can bulk close these and update the resolve on all linked, but then we cannot bulk update when we have the RFO.  Also we can also only update, when all tasks are closed (I set this as mandatory before able to close). Updating is not an option as our customers are not using the portal.

Kind regards,

Mark

20 hours ago, m.vandun said:

Hi,

Unfortunately we had a major incident this morning, as a result we now have 162 customers that are linked to a PM-ticket. We want to send everyone a mail that the problem is solved but it is still under investigation. When we receive the RFO we want to update all of these customers with the update. Is there an easy way to do this? We can bulk close these and update the resolve on all linked, but then we cannot bulk update when we have the RFO.  Also we can also only update, when all tasks are closed (I set this as mandatory before able to close). Updating is not an option as our customers are not using the portal.

Kind regards,

Mark

Don't you just add the connections to the To field in the email window from the Problem ticket?

ADMIN EDIT: Screenshot removed as it contains confidential information

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Michael Sharp said:

Don't you just add the connections to the To field in the email window from the Problem ticket?

This seems to work, what would be a helpfull addition when you can automatically (or with a push of a button) add the linked connections to the problem ticket.

1 hour ago, m.vandun said:

This seems to work, what would be a helpfull addition when you can automatically (or with a push of a button) add the linked connections to the problem ticket.

Correction, this does not seem to work. After adding 152 contacts manually :( and trying to add the connections to the BCC nothing happens. Please help as I just wasted about an hour of work.

@m.vandun @nasimg - I have asked our dev team if this was intended in any way (i.e. not allowing contacts with same first name + last name) in an email To, CC or BCC field... 

But this is why the issue occured... so, if you know your connections have unique names (firstname and last name) you can use this without issues... 

• 3 weeks later...

We are also extremely interested in bulk email options! 

We work with external customers and will eventually have approximately 3000 organisations and their contacts in the system. To keep the information valid we would, at times, want to email all customer contacts on a specific market and ask them to confirm their account. We would also like to be able to email all contacts subscriber to a specific service. Since we work with support to external customers we cannot control that they use the portal regularly, so we would need email options to communicate major outages etc, in addtion to the banners.