Custom Fields not populating from a BPM capture task

LawesD

In Capture task fields or Capture outcome fieldsI am adding the field identifier as h_custom_a,  but this is not populating the field with the captured value as it has proven to do when using this method in the PCF.

We are using this to capture an email address which is then sent to a few nodes down the line. This is in the same stage of the BPM. 

Guest Ehsan

@LawesD,

Thanks for your post.

Custom fields in Tasks does not behave in the same way as a custom form in a Progressive Capture. You could use the value from a completed task to update h_custom_a in a BPM.

I can elaborate on how to achieve this requirement. You can use Requests > Update Request > Custom Fields Automated Task to update h_custom_a (or any other custom field for that matter) using the answer to a custom field in a Task.

Consider the following example where I have created a custom field called fieldEmail in a Human Task...

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 13.45.15.png

I can then use the Variable Picker pop-up for Custom A option in Requests > Update Request > Custom Fields Automated Task to instruct the Business Process to set h_custom_a with value of the custom field that I had defined against the Human Task.

Screen Shot 2018-07-02 at 13.46.05.png

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Ehsan