Adding Requests to Global Boards

Darren Rose

Hello

How are requests added to global boards? From the request there is the option to add to service manager boards, but not the option to add to global boards. When I set the boards up, I had all options ticked for what can be added

thanks

Darren 

Hi Darren,

If the Board Manager App is installed, your Service Manager will have the option to enable the boards app action for the request types against a Service. 

It sounds like you have already added the request types as options in the Board configuration.

Then users who have access to the Boards Manager App, will have that actions against the request visible. 

Hope this helps,

Ryan

service enabled.png

• Like 1

Guest Ehsan

@Darren Rose, All,

Just wanted to add to Ryan's post for future references...

You can add a card to a Board via a number of automated tasks in a Business Process.

In the example below, I have added a Request card to a Board. Please note that by selecting Hornbill Service Manager from the Application drop-down list, you're instructing the Board Manager to follow the template for a Service Manager Request card. You may use this operation to add other card types. I would hope that the documentation for each option provides the information required.

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 11.23.56.png

To move a card from a lane to another lane in a Board, you'll need to chain the following automated tasks.

To begin with, we need to find the card on the Board using Get Card Information automated task. Below, I have provided the Board, Lane and the Key to the card (i.e. Id of the Request).

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 11.27.07.png

I have then used an automated task to move to card to another lane on the Board, using Move Card On Board.

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 11.29.56.png

My Business Process then looks as below. You can also remove a card from a Board.

Screen Shot 2018-06-29 at 11.30.43.png

Hope this helps.

Ehsan

3 hours ago, Ryan said:

Hi Darren,

If the Board Manager App is installed, your Service Manager will have the option to enable the boards app action for the request types against a Service. 

It sounds like you have already added the request types as options in the Board configuration.

Then users who have access to the Boards Manager App, will have that actions against the request visible. 

Hope this helps,

Ryan

service enabled.png

@Ryan

Thanks, it was the 'by service' part I was missing. Thank you

Darren