In App Reporting

Keith

I have turned on the experimental setting 'app.experimental.inAppReporting' but still don't see anything despite restarting my browser etc. Is there a role that is required? I presume it will just appear in my menu?

• Like 1

On the subject of in app reporting, I was hoping that there would be a way of creating a custom report complete with filter rather than it using the filter of the default report you select. 

So I have created a report of all open change requests and used the 'Open Requests By Age' default report. This then filters the custom report by age.

I think this will severely limit its usefulness going forward. 

I understand that this is a beta app and as such is a WIP, but just something I hope will be addressed sooner rather than later. Perhaps a way to create custom reports from the IAR home screen and then select what tile you want to save it under.

I second @Dan Munns point of view. The current setup is a great step forward, but the implementation is too constraining.

33 minutes ago, Dan Munns said:

Perhaps a way to create custom reports from the IAR home screen and then select what tile you want to save it under

I already have loads of reports, measures and widgets created. At the moment, all the reports we have already created are basically unavailable via the in-app reporting. Fair enough, I can understand that the code behind is different. But that means I now need to create many new reports based on what is available. If the base report is not available, then I need to ask you guys to create one for me? Let's say I want to see the ratings received last month per team, or the % of non-breach Response and Resolution SLA per team. For each of them, I will need to get in touch with you? It might eat up a lot of your dev time...

On the navigation when viewing a report, I feel like something is missing... I go into performance > Open Requests By Age. I run my report (GREAT REPORT by the way :wub:) and I get what I need. Now I want to run the other report under performance > Open Requests By Reopen Rate. To do that I need to go back to the root... A simple workaround could be to turn the folder label into a hyperlink maybe?

image.thumb.png.e641c2f6d8f9931a5ec98dd9d9366be7.png

Final point for me on this topic for today: I love (as in WOW) the "Load view as condition" feature :D That is f*****ing great idea!!! Saves me a lot of time and hassle, considering I have already created all the views I need for "live" reporting (using charts on views in my "personal dashboard")

Just want to echo the views of @Dan Munns  & @Lyonel in that I would expect to have the ability to create my own reports for inclusion here rather than just being able to add my own conditions to the existing logic.

I realise its early days for the tool, but thought there may have been more content available already. Any thoughts on timescales for additional reports? Perhaps you could provide the community with a list of intended reports for the community to vote on, in order to prioritise development.

Longer term... I've long thought that having a mechanism for the community to share reports ( you know what a helpful bunch we all are ) would be extremely powerful. Perhaps this could somehow be incorporated into this tool. 

11 minutes ago, Keith said:

Longer term... I've long thought that having a mechanism for the community to share reports ( you know what a helpful bunch we all are ) would be extremely powerful. Perhaps this could somehow be incorporated into this tool. 

Providing the forums are easy to read / follow up and that development time is short (in case we cannot build our own reports), @Keith has an excellent point! I have to confess "borrowing" many ideas for reports and widgets from the forum in the past :P

We could add a forum section that's only visible to logged in users only instead of being public, where you can share your reports / BPM or Progressive Captures if that would useful. The ability for the community to share this via something like the App Store has been a long-term goal of the platform its just a matter for prioritizing this.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

5 minutes ago, TrevorKillick said:

We could add a forum section that's only visible to logged in users only instead of being public, where you can share your reports / BPM or Progressive Captures if that would useful. The ability for the community to share this via something like the App Store has been a long-term goal of the platform its just a matter for prioritizing this.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

@TrevorKillick That could work as a stop gap. Have added this to the Forum Restructuring topic

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/28/2018 at 1:48 PM, Steven Boardman said:

Service Manager In App Reporting role to see this option when the EXP flag is on

Steve

@Steven Boardman I have enabled the inapp reporting settings, but when trying to give a user the Service Manager In App Reporting role and press save, I get an error message. I have for admin rights. Can you advise please? Thanks

Regards,

Andy Hodkinson

in-app reporting error.png

in-app setting.png

@AndyHodkinsonPrincesIT it is a rights issue, but one which relates to you needing the rights to assign this role to another user.  I can check which rights you need to do this, however if you have the Super User role as a workaround, you will be able to assign this role to the required users. 

@Chaz could we look at what role  in SM has this right, so that a service manager administrator can assign the SM in-app reporting role?

Steve

@Steven Boardman @AndyHodkinsonPrincesIT it is the In-App Reporting role that gives you the rights to the table. The security model for Hornbill is that you need to have the rights to be able be able to grant the rights to someone else. So in this case only someone with the Super User role would be able to assign the role.

• 1 year later...
On 1/27/2020 at 1:34 AM, Nikolaj said:

I cannot find the setting to activate the inApp reporting for service manager?

Hi Nikolaj,

Since these posts from 2018, the Service Manager reporting has progressed and is no longer under the experimental flag.  There is a Service Manager role call Service Manager In-app Reporting.  You just need to assign users to this role in order to give them access.

There is some documentation here, which describes this area of reporting.

I will look forward to some feedback.

Regards,

James 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Nikolaj,

Since these posts from 2018, the Service Manager reporting has progressed and is no longer under the experimental flag.  There is a Service Manager role call Service Manager In-app Reporting.  You just need to assign users to this role in order to give them access.

There is some documentation here, which describes this area of reporting.

I will look forward to some feedback.

Regards,

James 

@James Ainsworth great it works, thanks. I will play around and let you know my comments as always....

regards

Nikolaj