Catalog Item Subscribers

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Morning

In your update on Friday (1248) you've mentioned:

• As a Service Owner, you can subscribe users of a Service on a Catalog item by Catalog item basis {CH00139627}

I'm pretty sure I saw this option in the services list yesterday (or Friday maybe...) but I think it's disappeared today. has it been 'pulled' for some reason or was I dreaming?! 

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

HI Steve

Ok...it looks like the option IS there, but not on all CI's.

Is this option only available if the Service is subscribed to a subset of people? 

image.thumb.png.cb173bdbc5c88ef1ac142b5f56aef865.png

Guest Paul Alexander

Thanks @Dan Munns, @Lyonel and @Steven Boardman

I'll have to do some reading and playing! 

So basically, if a Service is subscribed to by everyone, I won't get this option - is that correct? If I manually subscribe all the groups on a group by group basis to a service, then I WILL get the option to change the visibility of each CI...is that correct?

thanks

@Paul Alexander if all internal employees work for an organisational grouping - say Vinci then you could subscribe that org grouping to the service. 

If you didn't want a CI available to john in accounts you could add john as a subscriber to service directly, and then on the CI you did not want hi to see, you would exclude him

Likewise if you had Sales, Marketing, and HR departments subscribed to the service, and you didn't want HR to see one of the CI's in that service you could just exclude the HR department on the CI you didn't want them to see or view

Hope that helps