deactivation of notification and email

Nikolaj

Hi @Nikolaj

You can deactivate notifications on your mobile by using the options built into your mobile.  On an Android device you can go into Settings and then Notifications.  Locate the Hornbill app in the list and disable the notifications.  If you are using an iOS device then the steps would be similar.

I hope that helps.

James

• Like 1

@James Ainsworth Hi James, on the topic of notifications, can you please explain the rationale as to being notified every time you do an action in Hornbill as it renders the app unusable in my opinion. It's like if Facebook sent you a push notification every time you updated your own status saying "You just updated your status"... "You just uploaded a photo"... "You just liked this post". I just can't see any justification for it other than creating an ordinate amount of "noise", the one notification you actually want to see gets buried in 50 notifications telling you actions you don't need a notification for. 

Apologies if a bit ranty, I'd just really like my team to make use of the app for the collaboration aspects to increase use of workspaces etc. but they'd literally have to switch notifications completely off which then negates the benefit of having an app! 

Hi @TSheward_SGW

With this setting turned off, you may need to keep an eye open in the main client for areas that you update as a user.  There is some correlation between forms refreshing and notifications.  If you do find that you are having some refresh issues you may want to enable this again and we will have another look into it.

Regards,

James

Hi @TSheward_SGW

Some additional changes have been made to the platform that will prevent the "Self Notifications" from going to the mobile apps without the use of the sys.activity.notifications.selfNotifications.  This will be available in the next platform update.  The current build is 2929 and the change will be available once you see a build number greater than this.  

Once available I would highly recommend turning sys.activity.notifications.selfNotifications back to "On".

Regards,

James