Stack Authorisation Tasks

Dan Munns

Hi all, 

Is there a way to stack authorisation tasks? 

Basically I need the analyst to be able to select (up to) 3 groups of authorisers but the authorisation tasks need to kick off in sequence. 

So: 

Analyst selects all authorisers from 3 groups > Group 1 auth sent > When task is approved Group 2 auth sent > When task is approved Group 3 auth sent

The groups will consist of different people every time so I cant hard code the users. And I dont want to have to select and send each group once the previous one has been selected as this will have the ticket going back and forth between the authorisers and the team and has potential to slow the process a lot. 

Any ideas more than welcome. 

Thanks 

Dan 

@Dan Munns i am not sure there is a 100% answer to this. 

Is it imperative that the analyst chooses the's approvers?   

If not have you considered the NEW group based approval option?

In the business process you can have the process pick group 1, and once approved the outcome then picks group 2 and again when approved it picks group 3 

I am only showing one group here, but under application - Collaboration > App > Utility > Get Authorisers by Group i can then choose a group, and it will look up the members who are still active (not left the business) and when i follow it with an Auto Assign Authorisation node it will load those group members who can then approve on the authorisation type you choose - you could daisy chain three of these combo's together?

image.png

Sorry if i have misunderstood the part the analyst plays in picking approvers 

Steve

@Steven Boardman the issue I have is that the authorisers are picked by the team dependant on a lot of things. So for one task it might go to <user a> and for the next <user b>.

The analysts will know how the authorisation needs to go to pretty much straight away, but it is not set in stone, and projects etc make it even more fluid. 

Ideally if we could set the groups within the BPM for that request only that would cover it. So they select group one, two and three at the beginning of the process and then the authorisations kick off in order.

Hi @James Ainsworth

I currently use this for the first group of authorisers. 

The process we have for marketing is: 

Business Owner (originator +1/2 others) authorisation > Legal Dept authorisation (if required) > Compliance Team authorisation (if required) 

At the moment the Marketing team have to select the BOs and wait for the authorisation to be complete. Then they have a task to add the relevant legal dept staff for their authorisation (or select n/a). Finally a task for compliance authorisation (or select n/a). 

I was hoping to have the option to create the (up to) three groups right at the start of the authorisation process and then have them kick off in order without having to have marketing input until they have all been authorised (or rejected for further work) as the back and forth between authorisers and marketing can add a considerable amount of time to the authorisation process. 

Edit: Added diagram to hopefully make more sense.

image.png.0b31dc88d70c14e4dcc855be1df0f601.png

Hi @James Ainsworth

The suspend - wait request authorisation doesn't seem to work if there are multiples in a workflow. 

It just picks the first group of people for all subsequent authorisation tasks. Unless I have set something up incorrectly (highly possible) 

image.thumb.png.06e6dd1dcb2009eb74b6e9252ed310d9.png

image.png.fbcd90d7ea6d6b34a83c32f9f1fa4e68.png 

Any ideas? Or is this a defect? I haven't tried them across different stages but don't really want 4 stages for all the different authorisations.

Also @Victor for your legendary BPM skills :)

Thanks

1 hour ago, Dan Munns said:

It just picks the first group of people for all subsequent authorisation tasks

As with any other "suspend - wait" node, it will suspend only if the suspend criteria is not met. For "Wait for List of Request Authorisers" the criteria is simple: if this list exists or not. For the first node it will suspend because the list does not exist but for any subsequent node it will not suspend because this list already exists now... what we would need here is a ""Wait for NEW List of Request Authorisers", similar to "Wait for New Request Owner" node...

I am sorry but my "legendary" skills are of no much use on this occasion... 

@Dan Munns I am really sorry, I did try to let it go, told myself to resist but I simply cannot :( ... so:

20 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

Enchantment request incoming

Struggling finishing that quest? Or you're in need of better buffs? Need to prepare for the raid? :D ... 

Like I said, tried to resist but this is too much for me to let it go... :D 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Victor said:

@Dan Munns I am really sorry, I did try to let it go, told myself to resist but I simply cannot :( ... so:

On 6/20/2018 at 11:56 AM, Dan Munns said:

Enchantment request incoming

Struggling finishing that quest? Or you're in need of better buffs? Need to prepare for the raid? :D ... 

Like I said, tried to resist but this is too much for me to let it go... :D 

@Victor I obviously had other RPG style things on my mind.....

If I see you at Hornbill Insights and you don't have a glowing exclamation mark above your head I will be disappointed.... :D 

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/20/2018 at 8:23 PM, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @Dan Munns

We already have a change linked up that will allow for multiple authorisation cycles with this suspend opperation.  I am expecting this to come into our 90 Day development queue shortly.  I will add you to the change.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth is there any update on this change please? As @Victor mentioned in an earlier post, if a new node for "Wait for NEW List of Request Authorisers", similar to "Wait for New Request Owner" node existed, it would probably fix the issue. Thanks

Andy Hodkinson

@AndyHodkinsonPrincesIT just to make sure I haven't set a wrong expectation here, my idea of a "new list of authorisers node" was just an idea to explain how this could work but is up to James and dev team to implement the functionality as a whole which might be something else that the "new list" node but to achieve the same result :) 

• 4 months later...

A new feature was added to the Suspend and wait for Authorisers which allows for multiple authorisation cycles.  An option titled Use Previous Authorisers  allows you to perform another authorisation cycle with the same list as previously selected when set to Yes.  When set to No a new authorisation cycle is provided without the previous list of authorisers being re-used.

image.png

Regards,

James