Times Progressive Capture

Keith

Hi,

I'm guessing this isn't currently possible but am wondering if there is any way to have a custom form appear in the progressive capture based on a calendar date / period.

The reason for this is that we would like to collect additional information if the request relates to a month end critical incident. Keep in mind that each month end period is different but even an ability to only show the custom form between say 25th & 31st would be helpful.

Appreciate any thoughts on how to achieve this. 

Keith

Hi @Keith

There are a couple of possible solutions that might work for you.  

To start with,  on a custom form you can add a hidden field that stores today's date.  

image.png

Once this date is captured, you can then either use the value of this field to branch to a new progressive capture form, or you can use it to expose 'conditional' fields on the same form.

Here we see my branch checking the date stored in Field 1, my hidden date field, for the dates of the 25th through to the 31st.  

image.png

Using this same logic you can also have conditional fields within the same from.  Here I have a field that is set up so that it is not visible on the progressive capture form.  Then, under the Override Flags I've set up these conditions to show this field on the progressive capture form, provided that the date in field 1 on on the 25th or 26th.  

image.png

I hope those make sense.  Let me know how you get on and if you have any questions.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth Thanks for the great feedback - I'm actually really pleasantly surprised by the capabilities :)

However, on trying this out I realised a fundamental issue on my end. Our month end dates move each month/year. I presume I could maintain a full date but that would be quite an overhead and would require updating prior to each year which could cause a problem.

Unless you have any further brainwaves I may just have to revert to always showing a question (which I'm a little loath to do). 

On a slightly different note, can I create a custom form with the priority field contained or do I have to use the predefined priority form. Ideally I would like the priority and my "month end" field on the same form.

Regards

Keith