Weird Goings on with Variable Picker

SJEaton

I changed one of my processes to Get Request Information rather than Deprecated as prompted and managed to use the variable picker to select the relevant answer from Custom PCF (All - 145) for one of the  Goto If's but on the others, the Custom PCF (All - 145) option isn't showing up???  Can you please take a look?

BP is Business Support - Interpreter Request

Thanks

Sam 

OK it's just appeared again!?  But now the BP isn't showing in the list as its right name, I renamed it this morning from TEST Business Support - Interpreter Request to Business Support - Interpreter Request but the old name is showing in the variable picker.  Told you there was weird goings on!  

I have just done the same thing for another process - this time I made a copy of TEST Business Support - Hotel Booking and named it Business Support - Hotel Booking, then in the latter, changed to Get Request Information rather than Deprecated as prompted in the 'Get hotelbooking form details' node but the Business Support - Hotel Booking BP isn't showing in the variable picker 

It's a refresh issue...  whenever you make changes like this is always a good idea to save changes then refresh the process by opening it again...Like this: change the node to use the new "get answers" functionality. Save this change. Close the process. Open it again. You should have all the options in the variable picker...

23 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

But now the BP isn't showing in the list as its right name, I renamed it this morning from TEST Business Support - Interpreter Request to Business Support - Interpreter Request but the old name is showing in the variable picker.

This bit I don't understand... where is the BP displayed in the variable picker? The variable picker displays PCF not BPs... unless I am missing something here....

It all seems to be ok now.  

I do have a query though regarding this new way of setting things up.  If the PCF selected in the variable picker is renamed at some point or a new version of the PCF is created, will we need to update the BP to select the new PCF?

Sam  

3 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

will we need to update the BP to select the new PCF?

No. The reason is that the variable references the form, not the PCF... If you change a form in the PCF however (the form ID) then you would need to update the BP... So, you can rename the PCF itself with no issue but careful with changing the custom form IDs... and field IDs...