Software Asset CSV Upload Help

I'm trying to create a CSV file to upload our software assets and we want to populate the ownedBy field. This field is a lookup field and I'm struggling to get it to populate from the CSV. file. Is that actually possible or am I going to have to go through and manually add the user who is the owner?

Any advice would be great, I'm teaching myself how to use CSV files for the first time so I'm really new to all this

Thanks

Katie

• 1 month later...

Can I ask if a solution to this was found? I have just imported 200+ new laptop devices and while the asset screen registers the device against the user, when you open the record it does not show and is not linked.

What I did when I uploaded some assets via the external CSV import tool a couple of months ago was simply to use the user's username (Their Hornbill Login ID), the names they would use to log into Hornbill and it correctly assigned them to the assets.

Sam, Thank you for the reply.

This is what I have done and on the asset overview page this does appear to have linked correctly, however when you the select the user on the list no information for the account is shown.

When you open the actually asset record it shows no user, owner or company however imported without issue.