Service Manager Report Issue

samwoo

hello,

I have made a report which combines a few tables in order to pull information related to Leavers requests, including the assets linked to those requests.

Whilst it initially worked, I wanted to get the "Asset Type" name attached to it, so as soon as I joined this table and included the field, the Asset Name column is now sharing the same details as the Asset Type Name column.

If i remove the Asset Type Name column, the Asset Name column reverts back to the actual asset name.

That was probably confusing :unsure: I have attached the report definition file...
tech-support-equipment-assets.report.txt

You can also see the screenshot below:

Without Asset Type Name
1759920851_WithoutAssetTypeName.thumb.png.edd45384fcb6875fa2ff985f2eee66fb.png

With Asset Type Name
912657800_WithAssetTypeName.thumb.png.1d070cfe5d49208b8815b660f6f10b44.png

As you can see the Asset Name column shares the AssetTypes->Name fields.

Can someone assist?

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

That only happens in the report "preview" right? If you "run" report does it output correctly?

The problem with report preview is known issue. I will remind api team to fix it.

Cheers

@samwoo In the mean time I believe a workaround is to give one of the "name" column an alias. The actual problem is in the preview data response it returns data when cols have same col name like :-  {"name": "somevalue","name":"some other value"} 

So when you parse that in JS it just becomes {"name":"some other value"}. If you give one of the columns an alias it will then return:-

{"myalias":"somevalue", "name":"some other value"}

As mentioned though your actual report output should be ok, it is the preview api that needs sorting out.

Cheers

Hi @NeilWJ,

Many thanks for getting back and investigating this. Yes I can confirm the report output's with the correct values as opposed to the Report preview. At least I am aware so wont be worried about it now as long as the data comes out ok on the report.

Another question - regarding the XLSX output, is there a feature coming that will allow the report to be appropriately formatted? The Data preview table is nice to view but the output on the XLSX file itself isn't :(

Thanks,

Samuel Wood

I will speak to trevk about the XLSX output. I assume that we should be able to add formatting options so it has column headers with a bgcolor and make columns autosize, but it might depend on what api we are using. I will let you know.

Cheers

Hi @NeilWJ,

That would be great - at least to make it more presentable upon opening it without having to make it manually look good each time you open it (especially when running them frequently). If there is a possibility of automatically showing the filter arrows as well would be great.

Cheers!

Samuel

• 2 weeks later...