Display Order of FAQ's

@Martyn Houghton @Alisha thanks for the suggestion.  Unlike the catalog items drag and drop approach to ordering, this is not an option open to us due to the use of the list approach to display more attributes of each FAQ.  Another consideration is a filter option for ordering like:

* Creation Date

* Alpherbetical

* Most views

* Most likes

or such like, would this approach help?

Steve

@Steven Boardman

The issue is when you get a large volume of them they become unwieldy. Certainly having the option to filter/sort them would help. Perhaps have the option to group them by catalog item, i.e. all existing ones are top level service and then add the option to link to a catalog item, if you want to group them by the latter?

Cheers

Martyn 

• 1 month later...

+1

We have resorted to using key words within the FAQs and redirecting to the customer to our intranet pages for a full list of FAQs where we can order/filter/categorise as necessary.

This enables the customer to find the FAQs relating to their key word and for us to keep the FAQ list on SM as short as possible to stop endless scrolling. A way to alphabetise/link FAQs to certain categories or catalogue items would be ace!

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

@Steven Boardman

Following on from the Insight 19 session about keeping your service catalog as simple as possible and making more use of catalog items and subscription  to this level, can the display of the FAQ be linked to the catalog subscription level as well. i.e. if you have a service with 5 catalog items under it, the user us only shown the FAQ's linked to the Service and those catalog items they are subscribed too?

Cheers

Martyn

• 2 weeks later...

@Martyn Houghton i'll certainly pass this on as we are doing some more work right now on entitlement and knowledge so i will flag this with the team managing this and see if there is anything we can do around this.  Obviously to achieve this then we are talking about linking Knowledge at the catalog item which it currently isn't, but i will raise it for you. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Back from 12 months of maternity leave, and wondering if there has been any movement on this?

We are going live with a new service soon, and have been asked the question of housing usable FAQs in the system again.

Thanks!

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Good afternoon

Please please could we have an update on this? Due to COVID19 we have a hub of FAQs and knowledge and the number of FAQs accessed regularly and thus required is getting out of control.

A way to number/date sort/alphabatise/etc would be so extremely handy!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...