Service Management - Permissions FAQ & Bulletins

Can the 'Service Management' application rights be broken down to a more granular level. For example I want to give some personnel the ability to create/update FAQ's or Bulletins, but I do not want them to be able to edit other parts of the service.

At the moment I have to give them Edit and View Service Records to do this, which allows them to edit everything on the Service Records.

image.thumb.png.5c13ac973d0c4c2185514d2a471894ee.png

Cheers

Martyn

Hi  @Martyn Houghton 

Not 100% what you have asked for, but is the following any use to you?

https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Details

With the Service Access controls

image.png

Giving those users the following view of a service and only rights to work with FAQs, Bulletins etc but also view but not edit other key Service info

image.png

Steve

@Steven Boardman

That partially controls it, but I am looking for still a bit more granular approach, as we have in other parts for Service Manager, where we can control individual permissions to individual actions. 

For example we have the service set a private, but I only want to give some staff permission to do FAQ's not Bulletins or change the status of a service record.

Cheers

Martyn

• 1 year later...

@Steven Boardman

Just wondering if there is any update on potentially breaking down the Service Portfolio permissions, so that we can give the team permission to create and update FAQ's/Bulletins but not the wider rights to edit other elements of the service which are granted by the current. It is not practical at the moment to mark them as private as that then restrict our operations with only being able to specify a single owner.

Cheers

Martyn

@Martyn Houghton

I created 2 custom roles for this.

"FAQ writer" with all database permissions for h_itsm_faqs and h_itsm_faq_feedback and application rights to Service Manager.

"Bulletin Writer" with all database permissions for h_itsm_service_bulletins and application rights to Service Manager.

Giving those to the appropriate analysts solved it for us.