Create Alert Notification from Updates

sprasad

Currently, where a Request is updated from an Email using the 'Apply to Request' option, an alert (Bell Notification) is created successfully for the Request Owner.

What I am hoping to replicate is the same alert notification to be created, when a Request is updated using Free Text, on the Update field.

I have tested with free text update and if desktop notification is switched on, a Pop Up is displayed successfully.  However, my users prefer a Bell, as it stays there until they have viewed and actioned, as may be appropriate.  

I believe we can enable the feature "analyst email notifications for updates" but we are trying to minimize email communications as much as possible, hence the above enhancement request.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/7/2018 at 11:12 AM, sprasad said:

What I am hoping to replicate is the same alert notification to be created, when a Request is updated using Free Text, on the Update field.

@sprasad - just to make sure we understand correctly, you mean here:

image.png

As far as I know a user will get such notifications if the request he/she is the owner of is updated... unless I am misunderstanding the scenario...?