Assign to team - using Variable

Hello,

I have a need to change our BPM's Closure stages this week and i've just shockingly found out that I cannot reopen tickets back to the team who resolved it in the first place. I've been trying different things to get this working and I cannot.

Whenever a call gets resolved, the Custom Field - O gets updated with the team that resolved the ticket, before being reassigned to the Service Desk queue. Using the Wait for Status change node, we can detect whether a customer or analyst has reopened the ticket.

BUT the team that resolved the ticket could be different to the team that picked it up in the first place, and we really really need a way to reassign a re-opened ticket back to the team that resolved it (Custom Field O).

Can something be done to provide this quickly? Is there a change to add this in that could be bumped up rather quickly if not difficult to implement? Or is there something I can do already within the BPM?

I've tried the node...
Application: Hornbill Service Manager
Scope: Application
Type: Assign
Task: Assign Request
Team (Manual): &[global["flowcode"]["customFieldO"]]

But this doesn't even work, despite allowing a flowcode input...

Please help!

Samuel

@Victor, @samwoo

I think this is the one you are referring to Victor, which is along the similar lines, but on the assign to most available analyst/round robin nodes where there is not even the option for a variable. However like Sam we would want to be able to use variables in these nodes to save on hard coding decision trees in the BPM.

I think the point here is that thought the 'Application' scope BPM Nodes where being deprecated in favour of the 'Entity' ones, but the replacement 'Entity' scope ones do not have the option for variables,which was present in the former.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Victor and @Martyn Houghton,

Thanks for responding - yes I would like the ability to use a variable to re-assign a ticket back to the resolving team (with the option under the same action to reassign it back to the resolving Owner, should a particular service require it).

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@samwoo are all your support teams under the same parent organisation? 

I ask because I have a feeling the output to custom O field will output the team name as say "Service Desk" but the assign to team probably uses the team name as BUSINESS/IT_Networks/IT_Service_Desk/ with the preceding main business and parent department (as least it used to show as this if selected in a BPM)

If all your support teams are under the same department (IT for example) if you put BUSINESS/IT/&[global["flowcode"]["customFieldO"]] it might work? 

Worth a try perhaps.

• 4 months later...

Reviving this thread

Any further updates to being able to use a Variable to assign teams? I haven't had an opportunity to look at what @Dan Munns has suggested yet though.

Thanks,

Samuel

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Martyn Houghton,

This is being investigated. Unfortunately it's not a quick turnaround, as introducing an option to automatically populate Team option may impact Assign to Owner (Variable) Automated Task, which will be considered a change in behaviour given that some Business Process designers may set the Team option to Auto rather than Ignore. We may have to go down the route of providing a new Automated Task to allow a Business Process designer to set the Team option using the Variable Picker. We'll report back once when we have determined the route we're going to take to get around this.

Ehsan

• 8 months later...

@samwoo

We are currently working on adding the ability to assign to a team using a variable.   Could you let me know what the format is that you are using for the team.   We need to know if the variable should be based on the display name of the team or the ID.  We are not sure which one you are storing.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, James Ainsworth said:

@samwoo

We are currently working on adding the ability to assign to a team using a variable.   Could you let me know what the format is that you are using for the team.   We need to know if the variable should be based on the display name of the team or the ID.  We are not sure which one you are storing.

Regards,

James

Hi @James AinsworthAinsworthAinsworthAinsworth,

Many thanks for this.

We are currently storing the display name of the team, though I could understand if the team name changes it could have an impact on being able to reassign the ticket.

If there could be an ability to check if the assign to team using variable has failed I could branch off to re-assign to a default team using ID.

Thanks again,

Samuel

Thanks for the reply @samwoo.  We had actually written this using the display name but I just wanted to check as I didn't want to deliver this and get it wrong.  It has some final tests to go through then you should see it within a couple of Service Manager releases.  I'll try to update this post once it is available.

James

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, James Ainsworth said:

Thanks for the reply @samwoo.  We had actually written this using the display name but I just wanted to check as I didn't want to deliver this and get it wrong.  It has some final tests to go through then you should see it within a couple of Service Manager releases.  I'll try to update this post once it is available.

James

Thanks James, I look forward to this.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but we are using a teams drop down in a human task (Problem management checks) and we are having problems assigning to a 'team via a variable' in the timeline it suggests that it is exporting:

urn:sys:group:siteam

Which is our SI Team but when we take this from the human task and enter into the variable field to assign it just skips the step and doesn't actually assign to the chosen team.

We have tried putting into a custom field and again this still does not assign.

Is there something that we are doing wrong?

This is the BPM

image.png.4a39111b731514cb47b62ec16660fd45.png

This is where we choose the team:

image.png.314869aa83b0d8474de1f27cdf600f31.png

This is the node where we 'assign' to the team:

image.png.b8afff4162a815c03166ae29e0f0e269.png

Oh, that's interesting - I have a similar problem that I've not yet received a response for... but for me, it's assigning the Human Task to a Team using a Variable... maybe these two issues are similar?

Definitely something that needs to be addressed

• Like 1

@samwoo maybe we have this is in two processes our problem and known error ones, but it WORKS in the Problem one it's just the Known Error one that refuses to assign even through the process for that bit are exactly the same....it's annoying me at the moment as we are trying everything we can think of to try to fix it.