Size of Hornbill mailbox

lomixture

Please could someone confirm how the email inbox size within Service Manager affects your storage allowances?

We are looking at ways to utilise the emails and would like to know if emails on a Request timeline count towards the email inbox storage, and also how much of your allowance is lended to the inbox at any time?

Thanks

Lauren

• Like 1

@lokent Well the emails in the mailbox do count towards the total storage space. When you do a call update, the call diary shows the email you have just added and alternatively you can click on More Actions > View Email to see the original email from the Mailbox as it appears in the Inbox. These emails still take up storage space.

If you do decide to do some maintenance and delete  old emails in the Inbox to free up some space, the email update will remain on the call diary but when you click on More Actions > View Email, you will not be able to see the original email in the Inbox. We have configured our system in such as a way that when you do an email update on a request, the email moves from Inbox to Deleted Items and can still be referenced when we click on More Actions > View Email. To answer your question, emails will be visible on the request timeline  if you want to delete the email completely after doing an email update  from the mailbox  or  if you wish to keep emails in the mailbox, they can still refer to the Inbox or deleted Items email using More Actions > View Email. 

Thanks

Pamela

• Victor changed the title to Size of Hornbill mailbox

Hi Lauren,

further to @Pamelas post, Hornbill Administration provides an overview of the current content of each of the folders within a Hornbill Shared Mailbox. This can be found via Home > System > Email > Shared Mailboxes and then click on the mailbox of interest (in this example mine is called "Helpdesk") followed by the "Status" tab.

image.png 

The total space being consumed by the current contents of the Shared Mailbox can be seen in the bottom left hand corner with a per-folder breakdown shown in the "Folder Size" column.

As Pamela says, you can delete the actual email but any timeline text will remain in the request.

I hope that helps,

Dan

@DanielRi Thank you for that, that's really helpful!

Does each instance have an allocated amount of storage for the email inbox? The reason for my question is, we're not sure which email address to assign to our instance based on the current traffic the email address receives.

Lauren

I'm glad you found it useful @lokent !

In terms of instance storage, there is no specific allocation for email messages that exist in the mailboxes but the messages will contribute to the overall space consumed i.e. the contents of the mailbox folders can grow and grow until you reach the storage capacity of your instance.

If you want to see details of the available storage, it can be found in a tab located in the Hornbill App Store: Home > App Store then click on "Subscription" which will show the following:
image.png

More information on your instance storage quota can be found here: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Instance_Storage_Quota

Dan