Loop error when testing progressive captures

Alisha

Hello,

I have encountered a problem when testing progressive captures that use the override flag.

Several of our categories have different progressive captures behind them. When I’m logging a new call from the Raise New button, complete some answers that use the override flag, and then click on the Previous button and select a different category, I cannot progress any further as I get the below error.

This scenario could happen if, while the customer is talking, we discover that the fault is best logged under a different category.

If I cancel the current request, go through the capture again and select the new category, this will work. However, this is not helpful as we would have lost the answers to questions already captured.

Is it possible to clear the override flag answers when the Previous button is clicked on? (All the answers after the Previous button but not before.)

Many thanks,
Alisha

Hornbill Error.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

@Alisha wonder if is possible that you create a simple flow that will replicate the issue and attach it here to post? Asking for this as the problem should be fixed and I can't find any reason it still exist.

Miro, I can confirm this is still occurring.  In a simple capture, using the category option, we select the category.  Click 'next' and we are taken to the next page.  If on this page we want to change that category we select 'previous'.  After changing the category and selecting 'next' we receive the following error:

image.png.071674120a41a2400a013288640eea71.png

@Alisha @BobbyB this message could be displayed only if you switch flows. Could you confirm that is not such situation:
You have at least 2 flows A, B. You start with A and then switching (continue) to B. And now if user loop back to A->B->A then this error is thrown.
I hope I didn't mess here and explained it clear. Could you confirm is not that case and loop doesn't occurs?

Hi @Miro

Our captures are set up like the below. We have one main capture to gather all the basic details, which then goes to a second capture that branches off to further captures.

The loop error occurs when we go back and select a different category when logging a request.

Many thanks,
Alisha

Hornbill Example 1.jpg

Hornbill Example 2.jpg

@Miro Just to add, the looping does not occur when we change 'Process To Run' from Variable to Process, but this increases the number of Switch Capture nodes on one capture, which is not so ideal since we have so many separate captures.

• 2 months later...

@Alisha really sorry that is taking so long. Not sure how we can do it but I think I need to see this for better understanding - kind of screen share or similar. I think I'm missing something really fundamental here and that is the reason why I can't fix it. 
Will talk tomorrow to @Victor to see what are available options.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi @Alisha

I think I've found what is wrong. When you are comparing category name you need to fix subcategory separator. So you have something like 

Category name == "Category/A>XYZ"

and you actually need to do it like follow: 

Category name == "Category/A->XYZ"

So as you can see there is missing "-" (minus). Categories and subcategories are separated with "->" (not ">").
I did it and it started working for me.
Let me know if that fixed the issue for you.

The is one last bit I'm interested to know. In last branch if there is NO MATCH - it's pointing to next node named "THE END" - wasn't it making loop?

PS. Please also rename capture names you are pointing to with same fix.

@Alisha finally! B) 
At the moment there is a limitation with pro capture were it should not start with branch and unfortunately we have this situation. You had twice request category so it's been removed from second flow. This cause that flow looks like:

... Preferred Contact -> Request category ->  SWITCH -> BRANCH -> SWITCH -> 3rd flow...

In red "Switch -> Branch" represents second flow that has no form at the beginning because it was automatically removed (found doubled). So solution was to remove request category from first flow and this change flow to be split like this:

... Preferred Contact -> SWITCH -> Request category ->  BRANCH -> SWITCH -> 3rd flow...

Anyway glad that I can help and sorry that it took so much time but it wasn't easy to find it. Pro capture can be done in so many different configurations...