LDAP 3.0.3 import error

First attempt at setting up the new import, so it's probably a stupid mistake on my part.

I'm getting the error:
Config Error - No LDAP Credentials Missing KeySafe Id

As you can imagine, I have created and set a KeySafe Id (and if I hadn't, that error is very clear!) but I've clearly not done it correctly. The first question is - would my error be in the import config, or in the KeySafe Id itself?

Yes - I even re-ran the command after copy-pasting dev-ldap-import from the url just to be safe.

2018/05/31 11:17:35 [MESSAGE] ---- XMLMC LDAP Import Utility V3.0.3 ----
2018/05/31 11:17:35 [MESSAGE] Flag - config dev-ldap-import
2018/05/31 11:17:35 [MESSAGE] Flag - logprefix test_3_
2018/05/31 11:17:35 [MESSAGE] Flag - dryrun true
2018/05/31 11:17:35 [MESSAGE] Flag - instanceid derbycollege
2018/05/31 11:17:35 [MESSAGE] Flag - apikey 
2018/05/31 11:17:35 [MESSAGE] Flag - apitimeout 60
2018/05/31 11:17:35 [MESSAGE] Flag - workers 1

2018/05/31 11:17:35 [MESSAGE] Loading Configuration Data: dev-ldap-import
2018/05/31 11:17:36 [ERROR] Config Error - No LDAP Credentials Missing KeySafe Id

@DeadMeatGF

So everything looks configured correctly except on your Instance i can see lots of errors

data:entityGetRecord() Method call results: failure

Its possible the account associated to the API key doesn't have rights to load the configuration and this is not correctly reflected in the Import Errors, does the associated account have the role 'User Import' ?

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

Aha! No - I missed that one.
Is that new to version 3? The same key works fine for the existing imports but they're on 2.4.1

Update - I added that role and still getting the same error - is there a delay in applying the change or should it be instant?

@DeadMeatGF

So the Role has bene there for a while and we keep it up to date with any additional rights needed to run the imports, i cannot replicate this at all are you ok to share your API Key? This will let me see what your import is doing in the background without doing the import.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

@DeadMeatGF

Thanks ok so on the instance the KeySafeId is saved as 0, in the Import Configuration can you set the Authentication to "None" save then refresh and set it back to the LDAP Authentication you created and save again?

Its very odd for this to happen as the correct id shows in debug but not in the database.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick