Forgot Password not sending email from Service Portal

P. Nordqvist

Hi,

I have a pretty urgent issue (also pretty embarrassing).

We just went live with Hornbill Service Manager and an email went out to all our co-works telling them about the service.hornbill.com url.
They have all been told that they can login the first time after selecting Forgot Password.
The issue now is that there are no mails sent to the users.

This is how the error log looks like:

2792913 2018-05-30 09:47:20 error perf 1948 session:userPasswordResetRequest() Method call results: failure (230572032 B, 902 ms, -32 kB, 0 ms, 0 kB)

Can someone point me in the right direction for debugging.
I can also mention that we have change the default from address on the user help desk system mailbox if that can have any impact.

Regards
Per

Hi again,

I will answer my self on this issue that I still don't understand.
We have noticed that you can use either your user ID alternative the email address as login to Hornbill.

For some reason you cannot use your email address when using the "Forgot Password" function from the service portal.
Now I will tell all users to use their user ID instead and hope they forget about the email.

As a change request I would like to have the email as User ID to also support the Forgot Password function.

Kind Regards
Per

21 hours ago, P. Nordqvist said:

For some reason you cannot use your email address when using the "Forgot Password" function from the service portal.

@P. Nordqvist firstly, happy to hear you found where the issue is. Your above request seems quite valid to me... I'll ask the team to come back to this once is discussed...