Progressive Capture - Switch Captures

Alisha

Hello,

We have a main progressive capture (image 1) that asks for the basic details before switching to another capture (image 2). On the second capture, we have a number of branches going to other switch captures, based on the category that is chosen. Since we have lots of switch captures to add, there's more chance of it breaking if we make a change to the capture at a later date. Is there a simpler way of building this?

I duplicated the capture as in image 2, with a 'No match' and used different category codes on the branches, but then it wouldn't work because it put it in a loop.

Many thanks,

Alisha

Hornbill eg 1.jpg

Hornbill eg 2.jpg

Hi @Alisha

Rather than using a number of linked decision nodes, have you tried using the variable option on the Switch Capture?  If your Request Category form comes before your Link node,  you just need to have Progressive Captures that match the name, ID, or Code of the category.  There may also need to be some consideration on how to handle categories that don't have a matching Progressive Capture.

image.png

Regards,

James

Hi James,

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried using custom expressions before a switch capture, but am still encountering a problem.

As we have several apps, I would like to group them so that all apps that begin with the letters A, B and C go on one capture, D, E and F go on another capture, and so on.

Below is an example of how I’d like the captures to flow. We don’t want to have all the apps on one progressive capture if we can help it, since we have so many. Is this possible to create?

Many thanks,
Alisha

1733820538_Hornbilleg1.jpg.d8670e5aa4dbe7546efbd8ff7015499b.jpg

Hornbill eg 2.jpg

Hornbill eg 3.jpg

Hi @Alisha

I'm still going to suggest my previous post.  Using variables will allow you to branch to multiple progressive captures while only using a single switch process node.  This would save having the complexities with multiple levels of branching and multiple decision nodes.  

Regards,

James

Hi James,

I have tried this, and it works well. Thank you for the suggestion! :)

I was wondering how many Custom Expressions we can have before a Switch Capture, as we could potentially have around 50 on one, and possibly more if new applications are introduced at a later date.

Many thanks,
Alisha