Reopening request via portal not working

nasimg

Requests that are reopened via the service portal are showing as resolved rather than open.

The customer is using the "its still broken" button, the timeline shows it has been reopened but the status of the ticket remains resolved.

Workaround is for the analyst to reopen it (again).

Can this be investigated eg. SR00216556, IN00221610, and IN00233373

Regards

Nasim

Thanks Vic - hope that wasn't the cause of the outage...had a few tense minutes over here.

Nasim

@nasimg I suspect a defect here as I believe none of the roles associated with your basic users give the right to reopen a request... Possible temp fix would be a custom role giving this right but let me investigate a bit more and wait for dev team confirmation on this...

@P. Nordqvist you're right, I completely forgot about this role!! ...but as far as I know, the basic user and self-service user role should have been sufficient ("Service Manager Authorised Guest" is really for customer portal) :) @nasimg can you please associate this role to the basic user and see if the issue still persist :)

Are there any other permissions this role gives - as I don't want to fix one issue only to find I made something visible I wasn't expecting....

Nasim

@nasimg in this case, perhaps create a temporary role that only has rights to "Reopen" requests... our dev team is still looking into this...

Can you please first update the SM app in your instance? I understand the issue does not occur with the latest builds...

@Victor 

Happy to update (bit overdue for us) but I checked the announcements and didn't see this issue reported/fixed.

Have to be honest - it isn't easy to see what has been updated....

Nasim

6 minutes ago, nasimg said:

but I checked the announcements and didn't see this issue reported/fixed.

Most likely it was fixed in passing meaning there it is not/does not have to be an explicit defect raised for this...

@Victor

Appreciate you are probably guessing why the info wasn't documented but it would be better to include it so we as customers are better aware of why our users report a fault which is now fixed.

Nasim

15 minutes ago, nasimg said:

Appreciate you are probably guessing why the info wasn't documented

@nasimg it would be impossible to document issues we do not know about ?! Fixed in passing means a "hidden" defect (a defect we were not aware of) was fixed while the code was changed while implementing new functionality or fixing something else. We would only know about the issue if it would still occur in a previous version or build...

Or I am missing something here...  :huh: