Call ref in email body

David Wilson

Hi,

Trying to create a routing rule that updates a call if it finds the call ref in the message body (see attachment)

Currently this rule sits after a similar rule which updates a request if the subject line contains a reference number but it doesn't pick up the emails as they come into the mail box...am i missing something?

Capture.PNG

12 minutes ago, David Wilson said:

but it doesn't pick up the emails as they come into the mail box

@David Wilson what do you mean by this? ... where does the update email ends up in?

• if it ends up in "Deleted Items" then the update operation was successful
  • if it ends up in "Inbox" either no routing rule picked it up or the update operation failed

Currently, I can see a bunch of failed autoresponder updates in the logs, the error code suggests one of the following:

• the email sender (the from address) does not exist in your system (either associated to a user or contact) and your configuration does not allow autoresponder processing from unknown sources
  • the reference picked up in the email was not a valid reference (i.e it did not exist in the system)
  • the reference picked up in the email was a reference to a closed request and your configuration does not allow autoresponder processing on closed requests

...any of the above possibly?

It ends up in the inbox.

I raised a test ticket using my email address (IN00013706) and sent replies back to the mailbox with the ref in the subject, I then removed this and sent it with the ref in the body.

The email with the ref in the subject was picked up but not when it was in the body

I don't believe so,

• the email sender (the from address) does not exist in your system (either associated to a user or contact) and your configuration does not allow autoresponder processing from unknown sources - this is my email address, the system receives and send to this address without any other issues
  • the reference picked up in the email was not a valid reference (i.e it did not exist in the system) - the reference is valid, the same reference is used in the subject line and the rule triggers ok
  • the reference picked up in the email was a reference to a closed request and your configuration does not allow autoresponder processing on closed requests - nope the request was open

• 2 weeks later...