Escalate requests with no owner

dwalby

Hi all,

In our instance when requests are submitted via the portal they're assigned to the 1st line service desk queue but do not have an SLA/Priority assigned until an analyst has picked up the request.

These are often getting missed in the mass of requests coming into the queue, is there a way of creating an escalation trigger to alert the 1st line analysts despite the fact they do not have an SLA associated?

Thanks in advance

@dwalby what is it you are looking to alert the 1st line team too?  a new request has come in? has been sitting in the queue but not assigned for x period? or some other criteria?  also what sort of notification do you envisage?

On a separate note, is there any reason why the SLA's are not started immediately, regardless of a member of the team owning them?  if they are routed from the portals via services > catalog items are you not able to to determine what the SLA should be in advance or are you awaiting an agent to review the request before setting the priority etc?

Steve

@Steven Boardman - yes currently the 1st line analysts are completing an impact assessment manually. Arguably this could be reviewed and an SLA determined automatically based on the prog cap results submitted by the end-user. I'll need to look into that but that'll be a long-term activity for me.

In the meantime I'm looking to alert the 1st line team that there has been a request outstanding for X amount of time, via Hornbill Notification and a team e-mail if possible.

I have an "Incoming" SLA that is automatically applied, this allows the normal escalations to be utilised.
The Process suspends until a priority is assigned, and at that point it calculates the new SLA from the assigned Priority.
This is a practical workaround for us, might be worth a try.

• Like 1