Self Service user cannot update requests

@Stuart Torres-Catmur I don't think the underscore would be the cause for this... when you say he can't update, does it mean the action/button for update is not visible/available or he does perform the action but the timeline is not created? If the latter, can you give me an example of a request and approximate time when the user tried to do this?

• 2 weeks later...

@Stuart Torres-Catmur hmm.... only thing that comes to mind which would possibly cause this is the "Automatic Backups" feature but this is not available for a basic user so ...:unsure: ... hmm... can you ask the user to replicate the issue in Chrome and before it replicates, open the browser dev console (press key F12) and then replicate... I am curios is there are any errors in the console there... 

• 2 weeks later...

@Victor

Our customer with this issue has now confirmed he can use the Update feature when in Chrome browser.  Still a problem in IE11. 

I don't know whether updating the Service Manager software had anything to do with this.  I suspect not, unless the button scripting has been changed.

Thanks for your help with this one.

1 minute ago, Stuart Torres-Catmur said:

I don't know whether updating the Service Manager software had anything to do with this.  I suspect not, unless the button scripting has been changed.

@Stuart Torres-Catmur no, the behavior hasn't changed as far as I am aware... :unsure: ... I am still curious to see if the customer has any browser extensions... for example, I have been using Grammarly extension (because my typing is horrendous) and this caused some various issues with Hornbill...