Photographs not uploading to timeline via app

lomixture

Hello -

We are currently testing the mobile app on Samsung mobiles within our organisation.

One thing we are keen to be able to utilise for our teams spread geographically across the counties is the use of the photo uploading mechanism, to upload photos of issues/faults whilst at the scene.

Presently, we are experiencing the below fault when trying to upload photos to the timeline and we're not sure why?

Thanks

Lauren

Screenshot_20180516-153752.png

• Like 1

Hi Lauren,

On my initial tests, I'm not experiencing the same issue.  Is it possible to confirm the version of the Android app that you have installed.  You can do this by opening the main menu on the Mobile App and select Settings near the bottom.  This should then give you an About Hornbill option which when selected will show you the client version.  I'm running 1.7.7.

I will continue to test to see if I can replicate your issue.

Regards,

James

Hi Lauren,

I have come across some reports of this happening with the app version 1.7.6.  I've not seen any reports of it happening with 1.7.7.  I will be interested to know which version you are running so we can determine if it is an ongoing issue or if it was fixed in the 1.7.7 update.

Many thanks

James

Hi James,

The phones are running 1.7.7 currently.

My colleague, who was experiencing the issue, has stated they were able to make it work once yesterday but upon trying to replicate it this morning has been unable to do so. This was by taking a photo directly from the app and uploading, they were unsuccessful in  being able to upload a photo from their library.

In our instance (KEPSM), the SR00001170 ticket number is the one where the photo was able to be uploaded.

Lauren

cc @John Delamare-Timms

Just as an idiot-check, have you ensured none of the required permissions have been turned off?
Mine has Camera/Contacts/Location/Phone/Storage permissions enabled, looking at your symptoms having Storage disabled (which can happen with an Android update) might prevent uploading library photos but having Camera enabled would allow direct upload of a photo.

HI @lokent

We are still investigating and trying to replicate the issue.  If it is ok, while we are investigating, if I ask a few more questions.

Do you know if it is only this one user that is experiencing this issue or has this been seen by other users too?

If you have access to the logs in Hornbill administration, I was wondering if there was anything recorded when they attempt to add the picture.  This may help us determine if it is an issue with the app or the platform on the instance.

Regards,

James

@James Ainsworth,

At the moment, as we are not live yet, only a small handful of people have downloaded the app for training purposes. I'm not sure to what extent they have all been testing it but I can certainly ask and see if they also have the same issue when trying to add a photo.

In terms of the Hornbill logs, I'm not sure which log I would be looking at to determine this?

Thanks

Lauren

2018-05-21 08_58_42-Administration _ Monitor Log Files.png

1428749196_2018-05-2214_34_31-Administration_EspServerService.thumb.png.ab543f807ce71405f02bafdbfb715d2e.pngJames,

This is the line that comes up on the log after @BobbyB tried to upload a photo on his Samsung (also version 1.7.7).

On Bob's phone, he received this error message:

Could not index activity:
Operation[indexer::docAdd] The
element <tokenized> was not
expected at location '/methodCall/
params/fieldValueitem/tokenized

Hi @lokent

We still haven't been able to replicate the issue and so far not reported by other customers.  There were some questions in our internal discussion on the file size and if they are too big, or maybe the file type is something that isn't on the allowed file types.  I was hoping that you could get your hands on a mobile device that you can test on for us.