Team member not appearing on assignment list

lomixture

We have an issue discovered today whereby a particular person is not showing in the assignment list for any of the teams they belong to, and thus cannot be assigned tickets.

I have deleted their account and remade them, and checked their settings to see whether they are able to action/assign tasks and these are all set to true. The below images show the person should be able to assigned jobs from the Management and Admin group, but they are not appearing in the assignment list.

Is there a simple reason why this may be happening to one person's account in particular?

Thanks

Lauren

2018-05-16 11_48_05-Administration _ John Delamare-Timms 46052561.png

2018-05-16 11_48_38-SR00001173 - Hornbill.png

@lokent just a thought but is the user enabled for assignment in the teams? so if they are not then they won't appear in the drop downs of the assignment options?

In the admin console > Service Manager > Configuration > Service Desk you can open up each team and see the members, and who has assignment enabled or not

image.png

Some useful info on the wiki around this: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Desk_Administration

Steve

Hi @lokent

If Steves suggestion is not the case, this may well be down to the roles of the user. 

If you open up their profile and check their roles, they will need to have at least one Service Manager application role associated for example "Incident Management User" (if they should only have access to raise/view Incidents) or "Service Desk Admin" (if they should have access to all Service Manager request types). 

If you don't have at least one Service Manager role, you will not appear as an available assignee - EVEN if you have granted the user a Super User or Admin role

Let me know if this is the case and if this works

Kind Regards

Bob

@Steven Boardman thank you for the suggestion! I have just checked, but the person is available for assignment in all groups so not the resolution unfortunately.

@Bob Dickinson - yes, it was this! Thank you - we didn't realise this was the case as we assumed SuperUser/Admin would override all other profiles to enable full access. Looks like we have a good few thousand people to add those roles to (that we hadn't picked up on yet).

Thank you both for taking the time to look into this for me, appreciate your help!

Lo

@lokent good stuff, glad its working. 

Only your application users (analysts) who only have Admin roles and no Service Manager ones will need to be updated here. 

All of your basic users (customers) should be fine with the two roles - "Self Serivice User" and "Basic User Role" as they will never be assigned requests. 

Let me know if there are any other issues!

Thanks

Bob