Change title of columns in Reporting

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

Didn't there used to be a 'rename' option when selecting columns in reports? I'm sure it used to be there, but I can't see it any more...and ideas please?

image.thumb.png.c6f38eb1c2183723b5e1c38d96882e16.png

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi Steve

it looks like it's only reports where the data source is 'controlled Sql' where we can't change the column names. Any report using an Entity as the data source DOES have the option.

We're using Chrome as the browser, but I've tried it on IE11 and it's still the same. 

Hopefully that might help shed some light on it!

thanks

Paul

1 hour ago, Paul Alexander said:

it looks like it's only reports where the data source is 'controlled Sql' where we can't change the column names.

Controlled SQL? ... Do you mean report using "SQL Schema Designer"? In any case, you should be able to amend column names for any type of report...

Can you please download and PM me the report definition file?

Guest Paul Alexander

I was referring to the Data Source in the list of reports:

image.thumb.png.c550408be2340f469538ea585e6770a9.png

These do seem to have 'SQL Scheme Designer' set as the 'report using' value:

image.png.790c3cbd1ef331b4fe82fabe268d29f7.png

They all seem to be the same, so would you still like me to download a definition file and send it to you?

thanks

image.png

@Paul Alexander ok, it seems you only get the option to rename the column if the report pulls data from multiple tables... if you only query one table, using "SQL Schema Designer" (instead of "Entity") the option is not there. Can't say if it is by design or not... I'll ask internally

@Paul Alexander if you are using the SQL Schemer Designer and only using one table, if you give the table an Alias (by double clicking on the table name in the Select Tables tab, then you should see the option to add custom titles to that tables columns in the select column tab, as below.

image.png

Let me know if this works for you

Steve

Guest Paul Alexander

At the risk of sounding like a smart-ar5e I reckon people WOULD use it if they knew it was there! I can't see any mention of it in the Wiki anywhere......jus saying! ;)