Raise New Linked Request from an email

@Victor

we do have a complex BPM in which more then 5 teams are involved and the tasks on a single request are a great limit for us. so the idea is to open diferrent linked request from a "main" one. if i'm not wrong in the BPM you can raise a new request but not a linked one... so I was thinking on way to raise a linked request from an email (that i will send out from the BPM)....

i don't know if this is clear enough...

23 minutes ago, Victor said:

@Giuseppe Iannacone I am a bit lost by the title... raise a new linked request from an email? Sorry, must be my morning intake of coffee not to the required level yet... May I ask to give me an example to make sure I understand what you need?

sorry the title should have been "Raise New Linked Request from BPM or an email"

9 minutes ago, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

if i'm not wrong in the BPM you can raise a new request but not a linked one...

You are both right and wrong :D ...Yes, you can raise a new request from a BP... and although not clearly specified, this new request is automatically linked with the old one. So you could simply use this in the BP?

image.png

@Victor

another challenge, having the ticket 1 collecting the infos via Prog Capture, and having the BPM opening a linked ticket2, how can I have human tasks for ticket 2 with the collected info of PC of ticket 1?!?

we were using this sintax with the previous approach (1 ticket with multiple tasks for different teams, now we would like to have multiple tickets for different teams and each with potentially multiple tasks)

image.png.3e8391c9cc49372a6cd0bc0c57282a8f.png

On 5/14/2018 at 8:00 PM, Steven Boardman said:

@Dan Munns we do have an existing story to allow the promotion of more attributes from the originating request when creating a linked one.  We have custom fields in the requirements.  I have added you as interested and will update as this moves forward.

Steve

Sounds interesting - please add me to the change. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

@Giuseppe Iannacone we are still here :) I can add the requirement to optionally pass attachments from request one to request two - when we get to this story we will assess what is involved with the additional options when creating a new request, it maybe that something like copying the attachments is straight forward, but if not it maybe handled separately to the existing story.