Complex BPM

1. is there a way to group complex BPM like this

2. when i use group for multiple nodes and than collapse the groups, the connection mess up

3. we have diferent teams working on the same request, is there a way to manage different team with different tickets, instead of a single ticket with multiple task like the example below?

image.thumb.png.344c9d88705b16692ca64b3ffe3e8c4d.png

Hi @Giuseppe Iannacone 

The Grouping of nodes using the Group feature should not break any connections.  It might be worth providing a screen shot to show the nodes that you are trying to group together.  Is it the parallel processing that you want in a single Group node?

There is a BPM Operation for creating other requests from a single request.  This can be used as an alternative to having one request with the task for all the teams.  I think that either way can have its benefits.  Having multiple requests may result in a little less visibility of progress can control which is the nice thing about using tasks within a single request.  We will be adding additional requests types that can be raised automatically from  the BPM which would also allow for changes or problems to also be raised.

image.png

I hope that helps.

James

22 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

The Grouping of nodes using the Group feature should not break any connections.  It might be worth providing a screen shot to show the nodes that you are trying to group together.  Is it the parallel processing that you want in a single Group node?

I'm Grouping this kind of nodes and even if collapsed i have no issue, but, once I add a 2 group something goes wrong and i loose some connection.

image.png.d3f06992729c5c8d13eeb61fbad5c1e6.pngimage.png.fcf0e057d9bb9f2668cf13df1434654e.png

like this:

image.thumb.png.9914a882d80e90a21887cdc31234ffac.pngimage.png.1548849d41a8c8dc8edec1955067a2b5.png

image.thumb.png.6ece8575bb197d3299c7a4f5b8e4f934.pngimage.png.cb20f548a5ba2aa30ff25049feededa8.png

Just now, Giuseppe Iannacone said:

I'm Grouping this kind of nodes and even if collapsed i have no issue, but, once I add a 2 group something goes wrong and i loose some connection.

and while i was posting this, i discovered that switching from a stage to another the connection have appeared back again!!! WOW! so maybe is just a glitch on the visualitation

image.thumb.png.a30a72a8e3eb5442843cb95915152da0.png

22 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

There is a BPM Operation for creating other requests from a single request.  This can be used as an alternative to having one request with the task for all the teams.  I think that either way can have its benefits.  Having multiple requests may result in a little less visibility of progress can control which is the nice thing about using tasks within a single request.  We will be adding additional requests types that can be raised automatically from  the BPM which would also allow for changes or problems to also be raised.

I was aware of this opportunity but its not clear to me how to link the request in this way:

ticket 1 (main ticket for ServiceDesk Team), this might have additional tasks for the team.

ticket 2 (linked to the ticket 1 and managed by team 2)

ticket n (linked to the ticket 1 and managed by team n)

ticket from 2 to n will be resolved/closed by diferrent team but the main one, ticket 1, will be closed only once all the other are finished.

I think that having ticket 1 wait for tickets 2 to n to be resolved before ticket 1 is closed might be a challenge.  When working with a single request, this is where the parallel processing works well.  I think that there are definitely some ideas here that we can think about with how to increase some of the automation between tickets.  Something like a Suspend and wait for all linked tickets to be resolved/closed.

9 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

I think that having ticket 1 wait for tickets 2 to n to be resolved before ticket 1 is closed might be a challenge.  When working with a single request, this is where the parallel processing works well.  I think that there are definitely some ideas here that we can think about with how to increase some of the automation between tickets.  Something like a Suspend and wait for all linked tickets to be resolved/closed.

ok I see, but if am I understending well this is something that you may evaluate to develop but not yet under development, correct?

On 5/10/2018 at 12:27 AM, James Ainsworth said:

@James Ainsworth

in some initial training for hornbill i probably heard of a possibility to close a ticket and close at the same time the linked one, how can be this achieved?