Import of people from Active Directory

Wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction.

This is my problem: User was imported from LDAP into Service Manager, no problem. User then leaves, and returns, but is set up with a new userid.

However the new userid will not import into Service Manager overnight. Other new users are being imported just fine. The old userid record has been archived, and the email address prefixed with 'old' so that it's definitely different.

Any clues why it's not importing??

Cheers

Claire

Hi Claire,

I don't believe that they are related.  The patch that was discussed back in March will have been released as part of a regular update if your instance wasn't patched at the time so I'm assuming that aspect will be working for you now.

I believe that the restriction on the Handle being unique is going to be removed.

Regards,

James

Hi Claire,

As part of the Platform 2914 update there will be a new setting that lets you enable or disable if Handles should be unique.  The setting is api.xmlmc.uniqueUserHandle.enable which can be found in administration under System->Settings->Advanced Settings.  Setting this to False will allow duplicate Handles and can be done if you are concerned about other issues with imports caused by duplicate handles.

Regards,

James