Human Task - Capture task Fields

Hi,

While doing some process changes today I stumbled over a feature I haven't seen before.

image.png.0309deb360f36fc4d0a14f9c8051617e.png 

What does the Capture Task Fields mean and how can they be used?
I can also add Capture Task Fields when editing the Outcomes, but same thing there, how shall they be used?
No I have created one and I have also no possibility to remove it.

I was hoping I could add a text input similar to what we do in Progressive Capture and use the outcome from that field later in the process.

Regards
Per

• 2 weeks later...

@P. Nordqvist this is an experimental feature. It allows you to create custom fields in human tasks created by the BP. The APIs for this feature were introduced is ESP/Platform build 2913 (https://community.hornbill.com/topic/12813-new-update-hornbill-esp-2913/) and the feature itself was introduced in admin build 819 (https://community.hornbill.com/topic/12694-new-update-hornbill-admin-tool-819/).

However, this is a very early experimental setting which is still being developed. There isn't any documentation for this either for the exact same reason.

The app setting mentioned in the ESP release notes, which controls the access to this feature in BP design, should be turned OFF by default. Have you turned this ON yourself?

On 5/15/2018 at 12:01 PM, P. Nordqvist said:

When I'm new into a new software solution I'm trying everything out.

@P. Nordqvist that is very good and I personally encourage everyone to do so! Just to be wary of such scenarios, like experimental functionality, where things might not work flawlessly and caution should be taken when using such functionality :) 

We also like to hear when using experimental features of any issues so they can be fixed until the feature becomes part of the production system :)