Monthly Measures Result discrepancies

dwalby

@dwalby - ok, I looked at the measures and they look correctly configured. The current measure data, however, will not show correct info until next month... Because we are a long way there perhaps we can run a test to see how the measure will work. So, can you create another 3 (test) measures which will have the exact conditions as the ones for open, logged and resolved. The difference, however, will be the Frequency which we set up as daily (that's the highest frequency available). With them, for the next few days, we can monitor the numbers. If they work fine for this frequency then they will work fine for the monthly ones as well...

@Victor - Luckily I already have these setup, albeit without the additional criterion you suggested. I've now updated these so we should be able to use to review, for reference measure titles are:

INC/SR - No. Logged Daily
INC/SR - No. Open Daily
INC/SR - No. Resolved Daily

• Like 1

@Victor there's been a few days of data recorded now.

Looks like the same problem is happening on the daily measures.

Open (4th November) = 360
+ 63 (Logged 5th November)
- 59 (Resolved 5th November)

= 364 (Open Measure COP 5th November)

The correct open count should be 363 :wacko:

• 2 weeks later...

@dwalby - I was still looking into this.. in case you thought I forgot about it...

So, I think (I think) I found the reason for the discrepancies and is related to requests that are resolved/closed without having a resolved date/time... It looks like these requests are SRs raised for "Microsoft Surface Pro" service. The BPs associated with these service catalog items for service requests do not start and stop any timers, therefore the correspondent requests will not have a resolved time. The discrepancy occurs (I think) because both daily open and daily closed measures count these requests but the resolved daily measure does not (because they don't have a value for h_dateresolved).

If you asking how you can include these requests in the resolved daily count, the answer is you cannot because the date ranging column for this measure is set to h_dateresolved...

@Victor will do. I've found some other request types that shouldn't really be included in our call counts that do not have resolve start/stop timers. So I've excluded them using the following, I'm hoping this is correct?

(h_catalog NOT LIKE 'Submit Feedback, Suggestions or Complaints' OR 'Order Refreshments')

@Victor strangely this filter doesn't seem to be working correctly (h_catalog NOT LIKE 'Submit Feedback, Suggestions or Complaints' OR 'Order Refreshments')

My logged/open counts have reduced dramatically. As far as I can tell it's because it's excluded the requests containing 'Submit Feedback, Suggestions or Complaints' OR 'Order Refreshments' but also excluded any other requests that do not have a catalog set.

I created an open request report and applied the same filter and get the same results. Any ideas?

47 minutes ago, dwalby said:

but also excluded any other requests that do not have a catalog set.

Find out the exact catalog name then and try this filter for catalog then (assuming the above are the full names of the catalog):

h_catalog NOT IN ('Submit Feedback, Suggestions or Complaints', 'Order Refreshments')

On 11/21/2018 at 11:50 AM, Victor said:

Find out the exact catalog name then and try this filter for catalog then (assuming the above are the full names of the catalog):

h_catalog NOT IN ('Submit Feedback, Suggestions or Complaints', 'Order Refreshments')

Same issue unfortunately - it's still excluding everything all requests without a Catalog it seems.

@dwalby - I think the database engine will exclude NULL values when using that condition... I suggest using this condition instead which will retrieve request without a catalog item as well (in addition to the NOT IN exclusion):

(h_catalog NOT IN ('Submit Feedback, Suggestions or Complaints', 'Order Refreshments', 'Surface Pro Rebuild', 'Surface Pro Upgrade', 'Surface Pro Upgrade/Re-Build') OR h_catalog IS NULL)

• Like 1