Random error messages

Dan Munns

Hi,

We have suddenly started getting this error on calls logged today.

image.png.af53720520b257d953c01754f3777846.png

The BPM is not set to add the request to any board and a restart of the BPM fixed it.

Can someone have a look at this please as this is starting to become a pain. 

2 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

The BPM is not set to add the request to any board

You sure? Check "service-desk---additional-access" process, in first stage (don't know the name)... aren't there any "Add to Board" nodes? I assume there is, as there is no way  (that I know of) that flowcode is invoked otherwise...

The error is this:

You need the right 'app.a.manageBoards' to perform this entity operation

No entirely sure why "manage boards" right is needed though...

2 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

restart of the BPM fixed it

because the restart is done in your user context and you do have the above right...

@Victor @James Ainsworth apologies, you are correct. The request was an emergency request and as such it tried to add it to our Emergency Requests board. 

This has not happened before though, and emergency requests are usually added to the board normally with no errors. 

Has there been a recent change with permissions have been changed around boards? 

I have noticed that there are closed calls on the board as well, but I have a node to remove them from the board if they are on it (decision node to remove from Emergency Requests board if the relevant PC question has been answered as 'Yes'). Some of these go back to the 3000s for reference numbers (we are currently on 13803) is there anyway I can remove these automatically or will it have to be manual? 

Hi Dan,

Out of curiosity, the requests where you see this error, do you know if they were they raised automatically using the routing rules?

I don't believe that there is a way that you can currently remove a group of requests from a Board.  We have some plans around this but nothing that will be there to help in the short term.

Regards,

James

Hi Dan,

There has been a new release of the platform (Hornbill ESP Build Number: 2913).  This will be applied automatically to your instance.  I'm not aware of any particular fixes directly related to the error that you have posted, within the build,  but I would be interested if you are still getting the error message after this has been applied.

Regards,

James

Hi Dan,

I don't have access to your system so unfortunately I'm unable to access the mentioned request.  Can you confirm that the Platform build 2913 or greater had been applied when this latest occurrence took place?  This will depend on you maintenance window when the update is applied.

Regards,

James

@Dan Munns I'll have a look. The desk is particularly busy at this time, may I ask, if is rather urgent to raise a support request with us so you can have resolution targets on this issue? Otherwise I can't make definitive promises on when I can look at this other than ASAP :( 

Hi Dan,

You have possibly already had answers to some of you questions above from Hornbill Support on the raised incident, but just wanted to follow through in any case.  The version of the platform and all other installed apps can be found by selecting the 'About' option under the Profile Menu in the top right of the Hornbill tool bar.  I had forgotten to mention previously about checking the version of Service Manager, but I can see that you applied the latest update today.  Hopefully that has cleared up this particular issue.

Regards,

James