Removing Teams from Service Manager

Tina.Lapere

Hi All,

We are having a re gig in our department and splitting into smaller teams from one big team from next week.  I've created the new teams ready and added the analysts to the new groups therefore, as of next week I will no longer need the current team and won't want it to appear in the list after go live.  Whats the best way to hide this group?

If I can't hide the group what would happen if I delete it?

Thanks

Hi Tina,

You may want to start with removing the teams that will no longer be used from the list of Supporting Teams from the different services.  After selecting a Service in Progressive Capture you will only be able to select the supporting teams for assignment, so once removed from the Supporting Teams list you shouldn't see them when assigning against a service.  This will give you some time to review your BPM workflows to make sure that these teams are no longer being used anywhere.  Support Staff will still be able to select and view these teams from within their request list, but this will allow them to complete or reassign these requests to the new team.

Once the requests from the old teams are all closed or reassigned and your workflows are updated, you should be in a position to delete these teams. Keep in mind that on the request list support staff can only see requests that are either assigned to their team or to a service that they support.  To access historic requests assigned to the old teams, they will need to make sure that their new team supports the Service that the historic requests where assigned to.

There is a change that is currently being worked on.  I'm not sure if it will be there on time for you to take advantage.  This is in Administration under Home->Service Manager->Configuration->Service Desk where you can go into each team and disable assignment.  At the moment there is a requirement to have at least one user available on each team, but this is about to change so that you can disable assignment to all users for a team and when this is done, the team will not be visible for any assignment.  This is possibly two to three weeks away from being available.

I hope this helps.  Let us know if you have any questions and how you get on with this.

Regards,

James

@Tina.Lapere you may also want to check any business processes which have routing rules defined to assign to teams, and switch these offer to your new teams.

You will also need to consider any tickets which are already inflight against processes which have automated reassignments or tasks which are assigned to teams, as the definitions for these are help when the request is first raised, so will use the definition and therefore teams which were defined in the process at creation point, not any changes you make subsequently to your business processes.  

Hi All,

Thanks for the help.

I've checked and our services do not have any supporting teams listed - that way I guess all teams will be able to see and action things and search on historic calls?  Our Business Processes currently do get assigned to the team so I've made a note of all the ones I need to change - activities within these get assigned to the 'ownerid' so these shouldn't' be effected an I right?

I'm going to move all open/on-hold calls over to the new teams and I plan to close all calls that are resolved as we are kinds starting a fresh. 

If I do all of the above does that mean I can remove the people from the 'Service Desk' team as it is currently and then delete it?  or have i missed anything?

Thanks

@Tina.Lapere it looks like you have considered most things,  bear in mind any requests which are inflight against a business process, these will still use the old definitions so hopefully there is no auto reassignments in the middle of any existing processes to the teams you are thinking of removing.  

Perhaps you might want to make all your changes, and remove the members from the old to the new teams, but wait a little while before deleting the old teams entirely just in case there is anything you have missed.

Bear in mind no one should see the old teams as they will not belong to them anymore.

Once you are happy everything is behaving as expected then you could look to delete the teams

Steve