Plugin to Asset Manager

samwoo

Hi,

We have a requirement to attach relevant documents to their associated assets... we have overview and supporting documents for a group of Assets (such as Applications) which we urgently need to link together, especially for GDPR.

This would also need to be visible in Configuration Manager too.

Many thanks,

Samuel

13 hours ago, Steven Boardman said:

Hi @samwoo we have a story to allow you to link documents from document manager to assets - like you can now with requests,.  We have added your comments and will post back once it progresses

Steve

Hi @Steven Boardman,

Brilliant, thank you. I'll be keeping an eye out for any announcements on this.

In addition, is it possible for the Documents against an asset to be grouped or categorized? And for this to be visible and searchable?

For example, similar to how we link requests together using the relationship, it would be good to group documents into categories/relationships such as:

1.  "Supporting Documentation"
  2. "SDD"
  3. "Overview"
  4. "Video Guide" and possibly more. This should be customizable.

Then when looking at the documents in the assets area we can search based on the type.

I can see this functionality extending into other areas such as when linking documents via a ticket.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo 

We have Document Tags which are used to organise documents (other than in libraries and collections), i can raise the question to see if we can include some sort of filtering by tag grouping of documents linked to other entities.

Below is a view from the library in Document Manager where inside the library you can filter further based on the documents tags (process design, problem management etc)

image.png

@Kelvin i've added you to this story as well

Steve

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Steven Boardman said:

Hi @samwoo 

We have Document Tags which are used to organise documents (other than in libraries and collections), i can raise the question to see if we can include some sort of filtering by tag grouping of documents linked to other entities.

Below is a view from the library in Document Manager where inside the library you can filter further based on the documents tags (process design, problem management etc)

image.png

@Kelvin i've added you to this story as well

Steve

Thanks Steve!

Looking forward to all these improvements!

Samuel

• 5 months later...

Hi @samwoo

We are just finishing off some development work to allow a document in Document Manager to be linked to an individual asset.  There is a another planned part of this change which is yet to be done and this is to link documents to document types.  Hopefully this second feature will follow shortly.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

9 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi @samwoo

We are just finishing off some development work to allow a document in Document Manager to be linked to an individual asset.  There is a another planned part of this change which is yet to be done and this is to link documents to document types.  Hopefully this second feature will follow shortly.

Regards,

James

Thanks @James Ainsworth - fanastic additions to be sure, definitely will be keeping an eye out for it.

• 3 weeks later...