Can you suspend and wait for linked request to be closed?

SJEaton

@SJEaton @Kelvin there isn't a suspend wait for linked request to be closed but you can do the following if this helps

1. On your initial request you can use the Suspend > Await Resolution business option at the appropriate point in it's workflow, this will put the request into a waiting resolution state.

2. On the linked request, in it's workflow you can have an action to resolve it, and then use the Linked Requests > Resolve Requests this will then resolve the initial request and allow the workflow on the initial request to continue which could then use the Update Request and change it to Closed automatically

An example of this would be on a new starter process, where you have a primary request for the new starter process, and have say another request assigned to another team, and you need them to complete their request before you can close off the primary new starter request

Steve

@SJEaton ah ok, in which case i am not sure this is possible right now.

I have raised a small change which will help, this will allow you to add a condition to the Suspend Await Update node, this will allow you to suspend and await an update but specify a specific text match or contains in the suspend option which will be checked when an update is applied to the request.  This will allow you to keep the request suspended until you receive a specific update (rather than any update).  

In your example, this will allow the following to occur.

1. On the parent ticket move the ticket into a Suspend Await Update - with the new input option on this node to specify a matching text check such as Child Ticket is Closed.

2. On the child ticket once it has closed, use the Linked Request > Update Request option to post an update on the parent ticket containing text to the effect of Child Ticket is Closed this is the trigger to move the parent request forward and out of it's suspend state

I have raised the small change and once it is scheduled and complete i will post back here

Steve

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Paul Alexander

Hello...any news on this yet please @Steven Boardman

I have a new BPM to get going which would be easier to implement with this option, so if this feature isn't going to be too long I'll wait!! 

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @Paul Alexander

Sorry for the delayed response, i had some annual leave and then have been playing catch up.

The story you need for this is now in our incoming development queue, so you can expect to see it in the next 90 days (if not a lot sooner), subject of course to any issues found in the development of the feature. 

I'll update here once we have a firmer idea of which Service Manager update it will be available in

Steve

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 7:42 AM, Steven Boardman said:

Hi @Paul Alexander

Sorry for the delayed response, i had some annual leave and then have been playing catch up.

The story you need for this is now in our incoming development queue, so you can expect to see it in the next 90 days (if not a lot sooner), subject of course to any issues found in the development of the feature. 

I'll update here once we have a firmer idea of which Service Manager update it will be available in

Steve

Really looking forward to this feature being available. We've got a few cross functional processes that we haven't been able to make live until this deployed. 

• 1 month later...

I'm please to let you know that the work on this requirement has been completed.  Documentation on this new BPM Operation can be found here.  This will be available in Service Manager Build 1386 and newer.  We are expecting this update to be available for the live environment over the next week or two.

Regards,

James

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...