Issue Adding an Authorisation Node to Change Request

Paul Trenter

Hi All,

I have a Change process and am looking to add an option to request authorisation from manager if so needed.  I've added the Task, Branch and Authorisation Node.  First I tried selecting my manager(as listed in my user account) as authoriser, that gave an error.  Then to test I've just set myself as the authoriser.   Each time when I choose Yes in the Approval Required' Task, I am greeted with the red box of doom showing the error as:

The specified user 'undefined' does not exist

0h9FWRv.png

lUkX6TK.png

I've searched these forum and tried to replicate the setups in the demo instance but am stuck.  Any pointers would be great.

Aha, found you :D   You were right, you'd think I'd remember to publish now.  I've added my manager as only approver and it assigns the Change to him ok but it still lets me approve the CR.  Maybe as I've full access in Hornbill Admin?

There is a cosmetic issue when opening the Change too.  Doesn't affect the flow so not a show stopper.  I see this when I open the Change. 

1LdjKzK.png

Here you can see my name is wrapped.   the '16' that shows is the contact number of the Customer(Ken in this case).   My Name there is also a link.  When you click both links you get the page below.  The URL shows https://live.hornbill.com/cinos/profile/16/about/.  I can see my profile ok but this seem to be looking for a profile for the customer.  As I raised the Change, shouldn't those links point to my Profile?

hUqt3x0.png

14 hours ago, Paul Trenter said:

I've added my manager as only approver and it assigns the Change to him ok but it still lets me approve the CR

Are you the owner of the task? Having admin rights does not mean you can progress the authorisation, most likely related to the task owner...

I'll investigate the cosmetic issue as well as the links...

1 hour ago, Victor said:

Having admin rights does not mean you can progress the authorisation, most likely related to the task owner...

Our authorisation tasks have no owner, yet I can approve everyone's tasks. Is this related to the Advanced Task Completer role rather than anything to do with Authorisation permissions?