Is it possible to hide the resolve action and then show during BPM?

lee mcdermott

Hi,

I am trying to set up a new RFC process and have the requirement to pause the BPM at several points.

I do not want to create manual activities every time I want to pause the process. I am aware the wait for request updates does not function as expected.

So is it possible hide the resolve option until I activate or show it at a certain point in the BPM?

thanks

lee

@lee mcdermott you do have the option to lock / unlock any of the action items at any stage of a process and then unlock / lock.  This will result in the locked / unlocked item appearing  greyed out on the action bar.

You can read about this on the wiki: https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Service_Manager_Business_Process_Workflow under:

Requests > Access Control

This would allow you to lock the resolve action on raising a request and unlocking later in the process when needed in your business process.

For example this is  from the sandbox where the resolve action is greyed out on logging via the business process.

You can see this example in the sandbox at admin.hornbill.com/demo - user: grahamc password: H0rnbill and looking at the desktop incident process or another example is the desktop change process which has a varient of this

image.png

Hope that helps

Steve