Force set a date in the future in the Progressive Capture

samwoo

What do you think?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of this idea?

• Yes
    • No (why?)

Hi,

We have the need for the user to choose a date in the future, with the dates available to be selected in the list to be a minimum of 5 work days from now, or beyond.

We have customers choosing "todays" date therefore causing issues, in particular with New Starter Requests.

Can I request there be an option to set the minimum number of days after "todays" date that can be selected? And if we can have the option to use the Working Day calendar or not too that would be great.

Despite having information on the Progressive Capture form, that a date needs to be set a minimum of 5 working days or beyond, users are still not complying with the rule therefore we need the option to force it on them.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

Interesting request. So you need to make some constraints for date picker like not less than 5 work days ahead. I think we can add it to our work stack but can't tell you exact date. 

Regards,
Miro

• Like 1

Hi @Miro,

Despite how I worded it all (i've just re-read it and I made hardly any sense), what you've said basically sums up this request.

Yes to be able to give us and other Hornbill users flexibility to set constraints on the date picker in the Custom forms. In one our cases, New Starters must start 5 days or after in order for us to be able to set them up with Equipment and Access in time.

Should a user choose a date less than 5 days, it is extremely likely that nothing will be ready for them in time.

I think it's important for users to be able to specify which calendar they would use, as some organisations work 24/7, others work Monday to Friday, and I would guess maybe some have other types of working hours.

Thanks,

Samuel

@samwoo, expanding a bit more. We will be adding two separate new features.

1. Integration with Working Calendars. You will be able to select a Calendar (defined in the Admin Tool) as default and use it in Activities and other areas like Progressive Capture.

2. Add Date restrictions (MAX and MIN) when selecting a date in the Progressive Capture. The days will be relative, so you will be able to define +5 days. Also, if the Working Calendar is used, it will use the these details to calculate the 5 working days. So it will exclude weekends and bank holidays for example.

I think it will be a very good feature,

Thanks for your suggestion!

Daniel

22 minutes ago, Daniel Dekel said:

@samwoo, expanding a bit more. We will be adding two separate new features.

1. Integration with Working Calendars. You will be able to select a Calendar (defined in the Admin Tool) as default and use it in Activities and other areas like Progressive Capture.

2. Add Date restrictions (MAX and MIN) when selecting a date in the Progressive Capture. The days will be relative, so you will be able to define +5 days. Also, if the Working Calendar is used, it will use the these details to calculate the 5 working days. So it will exclude weekends and bank holidays for example.

I think it will be a very good feature,

Thanks for your suggestion!

Daniel

Thanks! Much appreciated :)

• 4 weeks later...

Hi @samwoo,

The change has been made and now you can define a default calendar to be used in Activities. 

image.png

For Activities, it will display the non working days based on the selected calendar (set in the Collaboration Application Setting: app.defaultCalendar)

In the future, we will allow setting an individual calendar per user in case they work in a different zone.

Activities will display a warning if you select a non working day, but will still allow selecting it.

image.png

Regarding the Progressive Capture, it was implemented in the Collaboration Core and now it needs to be enabled in the Admin Tool. Will let you know when is ready.

Enjoy!

Daniel.

image.png