Expire Period for 'Wait for Request Owner'

dwalby

Hi all,

Our workflows mean that any requests logged via the portal are assigned to the 1st line service desk team, and appear with no owner until they're picked up by an available analyst. The problem we're finding is that they're often getting lost in a sea of requests and sometimes forgotten to ever be picked up.

My thinking is that it'd be useful to send a reminder notification/e-mail to the 1st line team to prompt them to pick them up. I was hoping that I could use the 'Expire period' functionality (similar to the 2-stage closure/wait status change node) then have a node to send e-mail, but it does not appear that the 'Expire Period' is available on the 'wait for request owner' node.

I'm guessing this would be an enhancement request as I cannot see a way of achieving this with current functionality, unless anyone could think of an alternative method?

Thanks in advance

@dwalby If a call has been assigned to a particular team then you can set up Hornbill to send a notification to that team. There are some helpful guidelines on this wiki page https://wiki.hornbill.com/index.php/Escalation_Actions

In your case it would be a Response Escalation notification which would be sent to the team. Would you like to go through this wiki page and try it out on your instance and give us feedback?

Thanks

Pamela

@Pamela - Thanks for this.

Sorry should've mentioned I already have the notifications to the team setup.

When requests are logged initially they do not have an SLA allocated, as this is a manual step performed by the 1st line analysts basing the SLA on impact and urgency. I'm therefore not sure the response escalation notifications will work.

@dwalby How about assigning a default SLA to a request when it is first logged so that the escalation notifications are triggered. You could set the default SLA to something with a 15 minute response so that the escalation notification to the team gets triggered when no one accepts that call. Can you try that please?

Thanks

Pamela