Line breaks in Bullets

samwoo

Hello,

Is it possible to do Line Breaks within Wiki Markup Bullets?

I need to keep the structure of the text in the Bullets, but have line breaks between paragraphs within the bullets...

Is this possible?

I did try to use \n \n but it doesnt work

Thanks,

Samuel

12 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

@samwoo sorry I don’t quite get what it is your looking for. 

Can you screenshot an example?

Does this help to visualise what I mean?

5abe160385a27_2018-03-3011_48_10-Document1-Word.png.a3b23d93964512edc63bea1d9a30d81f.png

@samwoo ah ok I get you. 

It would normally be like this:

*Bullet 1
*Bullet 2
*: Bullet 2 text
*:More bullet 2 text
*Bullet 3

And would render like

• Bullet 1
  • Bullet 2
    Bullet 2 text
    More bullet 2 text
  • Bullet 3

The *: is basically an indent and continuation of the current bullet. However not much of wiki markup seems to be used within Hornbill. I dont believe that you can have a line break within a list though as it will end the list and start a new one unless you add a <br /> which can break the formatting. also adding *: on its own line can do the same. 

@Steven Boardman is there any reason why wiki markup as a whole isn't added to Hornbill? Can we raise an enhancement request for it? 

Thanks

1 hour ago, Dan Munns said:

@Steven Boardman is there any reason why wiki markup as a whole isn't added to Hornbill? Can we raise an enhancement request for it? 

+1 for this, Wiki Markup seems to be very powerful. Being able to include paragraphs in bullets (or even manual lines such as @Dan Munns example) would be a great addition.

1 hour ago, Daniel Dekel said:

Hi @samwoo, We can add the option of adding a : at the beginning of line and it will indent the same as a * or # but without the symbol ( https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Formatting/en ).So I'll add that as @Dan Munns suggested.

I'll let you know when it's done.

Thanks,

Daniel.

Thanks @Daniel Dekel. I hope it's ok if I can also request the Horizontal Rule Wiki Markup to be added in as well? (As well as for it to correctly be formatted as such in emails?)

Many thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo,

Yes, is fine ;-) . You will be able to see this working in the 2nd next release of collaboration core.

Regarding the horizontal rule, is based on the same wiki mark-up definition. Use four dash chars in a new line. Outlook will also work in a similar way you you type four dashes so it might be OK for email. We'll have to see how it behaves. Also each email client will use a slightly different code.

Anyway, first let's have the proper wiki mark-up and then we see how we go from there.

Thanks,

Daniel.

P.S. Thanks @Dan Munns!

• Like 1

Awesome @Daniel Dekel!

Many thanks for this.

11 minutes ago, Daniel Dekel said:

2nd next release of collaboration core.

What does this mean? :huh: Just got me curious as it sounds like a major version, like release 2.0 of Collaboration Core, but then again with me and my excitable mind, i might just be misinterpreting that... and you actually means its in the release AFTER the next release of Collaboration Core.

Many thanks!

Samuel

@samwoo, you are right, I was probably using our "local" language. 

Our next build is under testing and will be pushed to live in the next few days, so no new code can be added to this one. The new wiki feature will be added to the following build.

No major release (for now) ;-)

Thanks,

Daniel.

@Daniel Dekel,

Is it possible for the Wiki Markup Horizontal Rule be converted into a HTML Horizontal Rule when an email is sent?

The HR looks good in Hornbill, but when an email is sent with text containing the Wiki-Markup HR, it shows - - - - instead and is a bit of a format-breaker when viewing the email in Hornbill or in Outlook.

I haven't tested how the indents look in the Emails though.

Many thanks,

Samuel