Time on emails showing as GMT not BST

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SJEaton right, so the way this is going to work is if we switch from the deprecated "Request Questions" node to the new one. So open/edit the "Getwfovertime form" node and "Load Alternative" (screenshot). This will switch to the new node for retrieving answers to questions in PCF custom forms. Then open/edit the "Convert Date" node and click on variable picker for the "Date" field... it might take some time to load the variable picker so patience here :) ... Once the variable picker is displayed, expand "Custom PCS (All)". Navigate all the way down to "WF Services Overtime Form",  select to expand, then again on "wsovertimeclaim", select to expand, and now select the variable you need and click "Inject". Save all these changes in BP, activate it and try again :) 

image.png

5 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

we are back to the original issue regarding the date/time showing an hour before

@SJEaton try using a custom field that is a date/time field... you are using Custom L currently to store that answer and that is not a date/time field so it will always display the server time which is UTC/GMT...

image.png

EDIT: Screenshot....

8 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

How can the server time always be one hour behind????

actually, is not the server one hour behind, is the UK being one hour ahead :) ... because we like having the BST from april to october :) ... and the server needs to stay in GMT/UTC because that is the base reference for all timezones...

Perhaps we can review the need for having 6 date/time custom fields? Maybe we can achieve what you need with less? :) 

Hi @Victor

They did initially want 8 fields  on this form to capture date/time and I talked them into only have 6 so not sure they will want to reduce by any more. It's an overtime form that staff will complete for overtime worked in a month so we are hoping they don't do more than 6 days! lol  It would really help if there were more date/time fields as I think I had this issue in other forms I was building too (we seem to use a lot of date/time fields!

If all else fails I'll have to configure only 5 and staff will need to complete more than one request if they have more to submit but this isn't ideal.

I know you are a magician Victor so work your magic to see what you can do ;)

Thanks

Sam     

4 minutes ago, SJEaton said:

I know you are a magician Victor so work your magic to see what you can do

This is close to resurrecting the dead :D ... so not sure is possible ... but I'll think about it... so, do you only need the 6 (or 8) claim dates for the email purpose or there is(are) other need (s)for this level of detail? 

We don't have 6! :) ... So I need to understand why we need 6 to see if we can make do with less :) Do we need the 6 only to put them in the approval email or they are needed for something else? I meant to this level of detail, like 6 separate dates?

As you know we have extensive procaps and on occasion these may have up to 6 date/time fields.  For this particular example the service had said that the most overtime days worked per person could be up to 6 hence why I entered 6 in just in case.  I can go back to them and say we can only configure 5 in and then if there's more than that their staff will have to complete 2 claims but I'm not sure if this will be acceptable.  If there's nothing you can do then it will have to be this way but if a 6th date/time custom field can be created it will be great!

Sam

Ok. I understand that on occasion the person needs to claim overtime spread over 6 different days. That's fine. I am actually asking, in the SR process, what you are going to do with the information you capture about this overtime? Are you using the information captured just to put it in the authorisation email or is used for something else as well? Because, for example, if you only need the captured information for authorisation email only then there might be a different way we can capture the information for this purpose alone :)

Oh I see. Yes its just presented in the authorisation email so the authoriser can see what has been requested.  Obviously then the request owner just needs to be able to see the info entered so they can then do the necessary to process the overtime claim

@SJEaton ok, I'm mid way through testing and I think I have a valid solution however it would require a small change in the PCF when capturing date and time. Instead of having a single "Date/Time Started" field we split this in two separate fields: one to capture date "Date Started" and one to capture time "Time Started". I have mockup screenshot on how this looks like below. Would this be suitable? You would get a huge advantage I think as you will no longer be limited on how many number of claims you can have in one request (you are limited to 5-6 now with my solution you can have 10, 25, 20, 100 if you like). With this solution you can practically have an unlimited number of claims (if the PCF and process is built to cater for this)... 

image.png

P.S. The time field has a REGEX validation pattern behind it and it will only allow the user to enter a valid time (between 00:00 and 23:59 and using the HH:MM format)

@SJEaton configuration is ready! :) In your instance you will notice there is a new PCF and a new BP: the PCF is called "WF Services Overtime Form (Victor)" and the BP is called "WF Services Overtime Claim v3.0 (Victor)".

The PCF

There are some changes compared to the existing PCF to capture claims. The new PCF will capture each claim individually, on a separate page rather than all of them on one page. This makes it easier for configuration in the BP. After each claim is completed, on the last question on the form the user is asked if they have more claims. If yes, they get a new claim form displayed, if no, they go to the last form in the PCF. The PCF is configured to accommodate 8 claims, but this can be expanded as needed to accommodate as many as you like. I just put 8 as I remember that was the desired numbers by your claims team. To add more claim forms to the existing PCF just replicate (copy/paste) these forms in the PCF, and then edit them as needed (have a look on how the current are configured and the logic they follow):

image.png

The BP

The BP now has a node group where the info for the claim is generated. I have designed it to be as much a friendly as possible when the process runs but this means the design, whilst it does follow a logic, is rather a bit more complex. Like, teh PCF, the process is designed to accommodate for up to 8 possible claims. Once the process determines how many claims were submitted it will store the claim information into a single custom field: Custom T. This field is then used in the email template sent for approval to the line manager. Similar to the PCF, you can accommodate for more claims in the future (if the PCF is changed and more claim forms added). To accommodate for more claims in the existing BP just replicate (copy/paste) these nodes in the BP, and then edit them as needed (have a look on how the current are configured and the logic they follow). The last "claim" need a slightly different configuration for the "No Match" branch as you can see in the process. Just to keep this in mind if adding more claims.

image.png

The email template

The "WFServicesOvertimeApproval" email template has also been changed to cater for the new claim information now captured in a single custom field. I have the original configuration saved in case is needed.

The whole system is ready to go, so to test it just switch to use the new PCF and BP. Let me know how it works ;)