Embedding from FAQ's

samwoo

What do you think?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What do you think?

• Yes
    • No

Hi,

I would like to request the ability to be able to embed into FAQ's (iFrames).

We have some documents on Sharepoint online that we need to bring into the FAQ's against a service, there is an option to embed the content by copying the Embed URL from Sharepoint, but when pasting into an FAQ it simply shows up as text within the FAQ.

It's a little frustrating as we need get this document onto a new service that will need to be turned on within the next few days.

I could link straight to the document, but in an ideal world, the embedding (to show on the FAQ) will be far better. I will do the former for now.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your post.

The originating purpose for the Frequently asked Questions (FAQs) was to provide a way of listing something like a top 10 list of questions asked against a particular service, and provide an answer to those questions.

When looking at options for Sharepoint documents, I might lean more toward looking to see what we can do with document libraries.  However, it might be that the document you have in Sharepoint fits the purpose of an FAQ. I would want to make sure we find the right mechanism for Sharepoint integration and not extend the FAQs too far away from their original purpose.

Regards,

James

4 hours ago, James Ainsworth said:

Hi Samuel,

Thanks for your post.

The originating purpose for the Frequently asked Questions (FAQs) was to provide a way of listing something like a top 10 list of questions asked against a particular service, and provide an answer to those questions.

When looking at options for Sharepoint documents, I might lean more toward looking to see what we can do with document libraries.  However, it might be that the document you have in Sharepoint fits the purpose of an FAQ. I would want to make sure we find the right mechanism for Sharepoint integration and not extend the FAQs too far away from their original purpose.

Regards,

James

Hi @James Ainsworth,

The particular documents I wanted to share in this case via the FAQ's are rather large, and only service-specific related to MFA (Multi-factor Authentication).

The sort of FAQ title I would have it set to would be something like: "How do I set up and use MFA?", then I should embed the relatively large document from sharepoint so it can be viewed as if it was on Sharepoint.

I have tried to get the contents of the documents into the FAQ, but sadly these document doesn't paste very well into there... it has lots of pictures as well which also does'nt come across.

But I really there should actually be an option for there to be service specific documentation for the users so they can self-serve as well...

i might even be crazy to even suggest catalog-specific documentation too... but not in the traditional sense that we are used to... but to be able to have a catalog which isn't linked to a progressive capture or business process, but rather to a specific document or a library of documents.

But if this can be integrated with Sharepoint (for the benefit of our customers) and the business as a whole, then it makes a lot of sense. Document Manager within Hornbill itself really seems like it should only be used for our benefit alongside Service Manager hence the reason I have been trying to use the FAQ's to hold this sort of information.

We are totally looking at getting a lot more documentation and FAQ's into Hornbill via the FAQ's (for the time being) once Year End is over.

Thanks,

Samuel

Hi @samwoo

In our plans we have a change that will be adding the Document Manager plug-in on a Service in the same way that we have recently done for a request.   These documents could then be presented to users of that service.  I didn't want to talk too much about this as I has sensed that you needed something over the next couple of days and I  was trying to think of any alternatives that could be considered today.

More linking to documents both to Document Manager and external document sources is a good step in extending out where help information can be stored.  If you think that having the Document Manager plug-in on a Service would help you, I'll add you to the change.

Regards,

James