Round Robin/Analyst Calendar

Afternoon all,

Just a quick question, I'm curious about the Round Robin functionality in terms of call assignment but am wondering how this can be managed when a member of the team is away on Annual Leave. Is there an Analyst calendar of sorts that annual leave can be entered on that will prevent that person being assigned calls?

Thanks

@Drew Davies

We use the Round Robin auto assign at the moment, as we are waiting on Most Available Analyst to have the option to exclude On Hold incidents.

The assignment process takes into account the users availability, so if the are any other status other than Available, they are not taken into account. i.e. On Holiday, Out of the Office. It does not however take into account their 'online status'.

The key is them setting their availability, else they will find when they come back in the next day that they been allocated requests.

Cheers

Martyn

@Drew Davies

Might be worth raising whether a configuration option can be setup to allow the node to be configured which availability status are taken into account. That way you  could exclude just On Holiday one. You would probably need to exclude out of the office as well, so they do not get calls when they finish for the day.

Cheers

Martyn

Hi @Drew Davies

4 hours ago, Drew Davies said:

we would've preferred the calls to be assigned on the round robin to people regardless of their status

I just wanted to summarize the information around automatically assigning requests as reading through your comments, I think that it does do what you are looking for.     The Round Robin will assign to offline users. There is no analyst calendar to track which of your staff is on holiday, however each individual user can set their availability on their profile.  An admin can also change this on their profile in administration.  Online status and Availability are two separate things.  The online/offline Status just indicates if the user is currently logged in with a valid session. 

image.png

There are two BPM operations that provide automated assignment to team members

• Assign on Round Robin Basis 
  • Assign to Most Available (least number of requests assigned)

Documentation can be found here under the Assignment section.  Both will take into consideration if someone is on leave (a user has changed their availability on their profile from being available).  Both will assign to off-line users, but the Round Robin as an additional option of setting it to not include off-line users.  The default is to include them.  This same option will be added to the Assign to Most Available as well at some point.  When using the Assign on Round Robin Basis, provided the Include Offline Users is not set to Yes then requests raised on Self Service out of hours will be assigned to a user, unless all of your users have set their availability to anything other than Available. 

image.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James