Authorisation Node Notes

Guest Paul Alexander

Guest Paul Alexander

Hello

in the BPM, is there a way of getting the 'completion notes' from an Authorisation Node? 

We have one of these nodes in the process and, we need to know the reason for a 'tentative' outcome (which is added to the node when the Tentative button is pressed) and we'd like to be able to email the reason for that decision to the requestor. However, we can't seem to be able to get the details of that node in the BPM in any consequent node. 

In the example below, there is the Authorisation node, then if the outcome is Tentative I'd like to be able to go into the Variable Picker and pick up the 'completion notes' and use them as the text for something else. However the Variable Picker doesn't give me any options to see details of that Authorisation node. 

Any ideas please?

image.thumb.png.2a3146a6a07fa6d55972cc7d1d8ded10.png

Guest Paul Alexander

@Dan Munns

Then I can get the information about the ticket itself, but still can't get the Authorisation details (apart from the 'approved/denied' info).

The Authorisation node doesn't even show as an object in the Variable Picker window.

thanks

22 hours ago, Paul Alexander said:

We have one of these nodes in the process and, we need to know the reason for a 'tentative' outcome (which is added to the node when the Tentative button is pressed) and we'd like to be able to email the reason for that decision to the requestor. However, we can't seem to be able to get the details of that node in the BPM in any consequent node

@Paul Alexander I had a quick look and I can confirm that it seems this is not currently possible. Therefore, maybe a suggestion for a future functionality...

Guest Paul Alexander

@Victor

thanks for looking.....can I add this as a suggestion please? Could we either make the details available as variables in the BPM OR can we add an option to make the 'completion notes' visible to the Customer so that they can see the information in the Portal please? I understand that I can change the visibility of the update in the ticket AFTER it has been updated, but an option to set this in the BPM might be helpful.

thanks

Guest Paul Alexander

haha...thanks Victor...I knew if I left it long enough you'd get it to the right people and place ;)

@Paul Alexander as James suggests the problem from a Variable perspective of the back of an authorisation node, is that the authorisation may have included multiple approvers, and in doing so each approver could of provided a different decision and in turn supporting comments, so it is not currently possible to make that information available through the variable picker.

Now if you have scenarios where you only have a single approver - say a line manager what you could do is use a task and set the outcomes to the task to be - Approved Rejected Tentative - doing this would allow you to use the outcome reason via the variable picker and you can still set the request to approved or rejected using a decision after the task and then the authorisation process node to update the authorisation state of the request. 

Hopefully that may help in single approver scenarios 

Guest Paul Alexander

Hi @James Ainsworth and @Steven Boardman

That all makes perfect sense thank you. I think what WOULD help us with what we're trying to do is to have the option of changing the visibility of the outcome and completion details in the BPM (which isn't available at the moment). 

Would that be possible please?

thanks

Paul

@James Ainsworth @Steven Boardman

Hi I have just raised a similar question and was directed to this post. My BP is as below and I want to get the outcome reason to include in an email to send to the customer.

When you say set the outcomes to the task to be - Approved Rejected Tentative 

I have a human task we select approved or rejected and obviously enter a reason is this what you mean? will my setup as shown work? if so I am not 100% sure how I should be setting up the next node to use a variable picker to get the Outcome reason?

lee

get approval info.JPG