Changing Site After Logging

clampj

Hi

Is it possible to change the site once a call has been logged?  If so how because I cant see a way to do it.

I've clicked the edit button on the details section and it looks like you can change it there but alll I seem to be able to do is remove the current site, when trying to type in the new site nothing pops up and when trying to save a manually entered value , clicking the save button just removes whats been typed so now I have a call with no site and no apparant way to put one back in.

We need this for a team we will be moving onto SM that currently use SW.  They support EPOS on board our trains so when the call is logged and passed to the EPOS team, they check to see which site the faulty kit needs swapping at based on where the train is travelling to.

Thanks

J

Hi @clampj

At the moment the Site selection within the Description only seem to present the customer's site for selection.  If you are not getting any results then this might be that the customer does not have a site associated to them.

We do have a change in the backlog which will change this to allow for the selection of any site.  I'll add you to the change.  This isn't currently scheduled to be started on, but as a minor change hopefully it will not be too long before we get this done'.  I'll update this post as it progresses.  

Regards,

James 

Thanks James

Being a train operating company our staff are very mobile so raised faults could be at any one of our locations and not the customers base site so if any priority could be placed on this it would be appreciated.

Thanks

J

• 8 months later...

The mentioned functionality to allow the site field within the request details to be changed to a site other than the customer's site, is available in the live environment.  A new application setting has been added

app.request.update.site.showAllSites

When enabled, this will provide the option to select any site.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

James