Email updates not added

m.vandun

Hi,

I've gotten a few remarks that replies (via mail) on (open/on hold) requests are not being added to the request automatically but are ending up in the mailbox. Any idea what this could be?

Some time ago I changed the option where an email should not be added to a closed request. Could it have something to do with this?

Example: SR00012126

Regards,

Mark

On 3/19/2018 at 2:42 PM, m.vandun said:

Some time ago I changed the option where an email should not be added to a closed request. Could it have something to do with this?

@m.vandun if the request is not closed then no, that's not the reason...

EDIT: to include James observation - in order for an email to be processed by the autoresponder, it needs to match an existing routing rule. If it doesn't then the email will be sent to the mailbox. If it does then below is a list of scenarios where the routing rule fail to update a request: 

• the request has status closed and the app setting to allow updates on closed calls is turned OFF and the app setting to send back a rejection email is turned OFF
  • the request has status closed and the app setting to allow updates on closed calls is turned OFF and the app setting to send back a rejection email is turned ON but either the app setting for rejection mailbox and/or email template is incorrect or not set
  • the email sender does not exist in the system, either as a co-worker/internal user or a contact/external user, and the app setting to allow updates from unknown sources is turned OFF and the app setting to send back a rejection email is turned OFF
  • the email sender does not exist in the system, either as a co-worker/internal user or a contact/external user, and the app setting to allow updates from unknown sources is turned OFF and the app setting to send back a rejection email is turned ON but either the app setting for rejection mailbox and/or email template is incorrect or not set
  • the email sender exists in the system but the from address is matching more than one user/contact in the system

Hi Mark,

I can be worth having a look through the logic in the Routing Rules and compare with the contents of an email that wasn't raised automatically.  If no rules are met, then the email will end up in the inbox.  If the odd few are coming through this way then there might be something that needs to be tweaked.  I recently had an example of this where I was testing for addressTo=''support@acme.com'' and once and a while the odd one didn't process as a request.  I found that these emails had 2 recipients in the To field so my "=" was not picking them up as it didn't have an exact match.  Instead I needed to have the rule addressTo like ''%support@acme.com%" . 

Regards,

James