Hornbill INSIGHTS 2018

HI @samwoo

No no limit, our big problem tends to be no-shows. We size the venue according to the number of registrations, when people don't turn up on the day it becomes a real waste of money.  So all I would ask is when you register please make sure you are able to attend - save for any emergency of course. 

Gerry

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Kelvin

Apologies for the delay but I have not been able to get online this afternoon.  The hotel has parking and there is a discounted delegate rate for conference attendees...

o   12 hr discounted delegate parking £15

o   24h discounted delegate parking £20

The hotel offer discounted rates on accommodation for attendees.  There is also a Premier Inn next door.  Full details will be sent to those who request hotel info when completing the registration form.

I hope that helps.

Kind regards

Pete

• 2 months later...
On 4/16/2018 at 8:30 PM, peter.summers said:

Apologies for the delay but I have not been able to get online this afternoon.  The hotel has parking and there is a discounted delegate rate for conference attendees...

o   12 hr discounted delegate parking £15

Do we need to contact them in advance?

Thanks,

Samuel

1 minute ago, samwoo said:

Do we need to contact them in advance?

Thanks,

Samuel

No, this is the information i was given to put on the Insights page.

To get the parking discount you simply need to validate your ticket at the Concierge desk after the event.

Kind Regards

Trevor Killick

• Gerry unpinned this topic

Would just like to say thanks to Hornbill for a great day yesterday. 

Some wonderful (and perhaps passionate) discussions had and some great people met. 

I just wish it was longer! 

It was good to put faces to some of the names here and also to finally meet some of the Hornbill guys and girls that I have spoken to either here or on the phone at some point in the 18 months or so I have been playing around with Service Manager. 

Hopefully I will be in attendance at the next event and will get to meet some more of the wonderful community members.

Thanks again!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

Some wonderful (and perhaps passionate) discussions had and some great people met. 

It was good to put faces to some of the names here and also to finally meet some of the Hornbill guys and girls that I have spoken to either here or on the phone at some point in the 18 months or so I have been playing around with Service Manager. 

Hopefully I will be in attendance at the next event and will get to meet some more of the wonderful community members.

Thanks again!!

I absolutely agree with Dan, it was a great day yesterday and he anticipated my words. (have you got a backdoor in my brain LOL); It was really amazing meet the people that made Hornbill the amazing  rocket it is!

a special thank for @Manish @AbdiH @NadeemMazhar @Nanettem @Daniel Dekel@ArmandoDM @Steven Boardman @James Ainsworth

ROCK'N'ROLL!

image.png.416b97df90c0153ed8762427df2a6072.png

• Like 4

@MizeelA

You asked about the issue relating to your importing of data to PowerBI and deleting the report snapshot data on Hornbill at INSIGHTS 2018 yesterday.  Following your question, this has now been fixed for you. 

Gerry
----
We have released v.1.1.0 of the Power BI data source R scripts:

Features:

1. Added functionality to delete the historic report run instance from Hornbill once the data has been imported to Power BI;
  2. Added suspend code to work around a Power BI / RCurl incompatibility, where if you make more than 4 HTTP calls using getURL in the same script, the script hangs until you hit cancel in Power BI (or it times out).

It's up on Github now, and I've updated the Wiki with the new options.

16 hours ago, Dan Munns said:

Thanks again!!

All that Dan said!  I had a great day and cant wait for the next event :)

Sam

Nooo I missed @Victor will have to wait till next year

Another Great Event. Hopefully if it is a 2 day event I will be able to meet more of you next time. The 4 hour drive each way (due to traffic) made for a long day.

oh ... mighty Victor !!!! You do realise everyone else in the office will never hear the end of this, right? :D :D 

Jokes aside, thanks for the appreciation, and thank you all for attending the event. Was really great to meet you all! :) 

Kelvin, you only need to ask Gerry to send me on a customer visit ;) ... 

• Like 1

On 6/29/2018 at 9:11 AM, Kelvin said:

Nooo I missed @Victor will have to wait till next year

Another Great Event. Hopefully if it is a 2 day event I will be able to meet more of you next time. The 4 hour drive each way (due to traffic) made for a long day.

Hi Kelvin,

Thanks for making the trip to get to the event, I appreciate traveling so far for a few hours is a big ask so thanks for making the effort - hopefully you found the event useful. 

Gerry

On 6/29/2018 at 9:07 AM, MizeelA said:

@Gerry,

Wow! This is exceptional. Thank you for taking this on-board and proactively delivering a solution. 

Lastly, on behalf of my company we will like to thank you and all the team for the insightful event. It was really brilliant!

Hi Michael,

No problem, glad we could sort it for you. 

Gerry

Thank you all for your feedback, its much appreciated. 

We will be making next years event a two-day affair, we will be announcing the dates very soon so you will have plenty of time to organize your diary.  The event will have a much bigger focus on training and education, so watch this space for dates and a preliminary outline over the coming months. 

Kind Regards,

Gerry

• Like 4

Good news! Aside from the official learning tracks it will provide an even greater (longer) opportunity for the community to share ideas, solutions and a few frustrations :)