How to change contents of new job box

lomixture

Good afternoon -

Please could I ask where in the system we are able to change what shows on this window? We have the system set so it auto assigns to a team but this window is always showing 'Not Assigned' on all jobs. It is causing confusion for the customers and wonder if we can get this resolved?

Thanks.

New Job Window.png

Hi @lokent

Thanks for your post.  At the moment there is no setting for changing the content of this information box. 

We have been considering changing this confirmation box, or rather removing it.  At the moment Team and Owner are hard set and this may not be the information that you are interested in.  It is also possible that immediately after this has been raised that the BPM goes and re-assigns it again, if you have that set in your workflow.  

What I would like to propose is that after you select "Finish" on a Progressive Capture it simply displays the request ID (no pop-up) alongside the information that you have entered with the Progressive Capture.  Everyone's Progressive Capture is going to be different and all the important information at this point is the information that you have collected so far.  From here we would also have options to raise another request, view the request that you just raised, or return to your request list. 

Would this work for you both, lokent and @Dan Munns?

Regards,

James

Thanks for coming back to me, it's confusing because I have seen other posts on her (specifically the urgent one yesterday RE: bugs in the new update) whereby people had different information showing on this pop up box; summary primarily.

We have the BP set up to assign the jobs to team based on the jobs location - i.e. if it is a town in the north of the county it goes to our facilities team who cover the northern area. Once this has been logged, there are very very few times where the job would be reassigned team wise, but at this stage no owner has been set as this is a manual task (or via round robin).

If we were to turn the pop up off, which would be our preference at the moment, how would we do that as you suggest above?

Thanks

Hi @lokent

We are currently discussing a feature request that would remove the pop-up.  Once an approach has been agreed on we will get a change raised.  I will then keep this post updated with the progress of the change to let you know when it will be available.  If you don't hear anything do feel free to give us a nudge by posting back here. 

Regards,

James

Apologies for the delayed response @James Ainsworth I was on a/l yesterday.

Removing the pop up would work for us also, although being able to edit the variables would be better. 

Perhaps understanding why on some tickets the information is undefined but in others it is populated would help us as well. If there is a problem with the sequence within our BPMs which means the popup is generated before the information is populated we could rectify that in the mean time until the change has been completed. 

The challenge is between what information is captured in Progressive Capture compared to what default settings you have, followed by what actions occur automatically as part of a BPM.  One scenario that I have personally come across is where a Progressive Capture did not include the assignment form, an application setting was assigning the request to a default team, but then the BPM did a reassignment to a different team.  The confirmation box when I raised the request only showed the default team assignment from the setting, then looking at the request, it was sent off completely different.  This takes away any value of having the confirmation box. 

As an unlimited number of things can be configured in the BPM and different progressive capture scripts can result in the same BPM being used I'm not sure if using variables would be the answer.  There are just so many combinations.  Variable themselves need to be populated and the timing of this may not provide the latest information on the request so there is still a risk of the confirmation box showing conflicting information which can lead to confusion.    

My suggestion is that at the end of the Progressive Capture you maintain the view of the information that you captured along with being presented the new Request ID.  This way the request logger can see the information they added, without it being obscured by the confirmation box, there is no conflicting information presented to them to cause confusion, and there is still access to view the request to see the final result if they desire.

Regards,

James  

• 1 month later...
  • Victor changed the title to How to change contents of new job box