CRITICAL - Issue after automated upgrade to build 2892

Keith

1 minute ago, Gerry said:

@BenKeeley

It would seem that you are one quite an old revision of the SM application,  we will need to create a specific hot fix for it, or with your permission we will update your SM version? You ok for us to do that?

Gerry 

Ah this would explain why we are having the same issues... we haven't upgraded the Service Manager app for a little while.

All,

Although most customers keep their apps up to date, there are a number of instances that are still on older updates of Service Manager, we are not able to easily hot-fix builds that go back beyond around 90 days. The guidance I have been given is for those instances still impacted, we would recommend you update your SM version in the app store. 

Its a simple button press, and its perfectly safe to do while people are logged in.  If anyone would like us to do that for you please let me know

Gerry

3 minutes ago, chrisnutt said:

@Gerry we're all working so the update has been applied to us, however, I'm still seeing the update option on the Service Manager App. Will that disappear?

Hi Chris,

In your instance your SM app was hot fixed. So there is no need to update SM to resolve this issue, but it would be perfectly safe to update, even while people are logged in should you want to. You are on 1156, the latest available is 1160 which you can update to.

Gerry

We used the restart option for the affected jobs and this worked it took it back to assigning to our helpdesk team and we had to assign the jobs back to the appropriate team again.  Luckily we didn't have 100s of jobs to go through.  Not sure for our IT team though as we run this separately.

On a separate note could this issue have affected the requests auto closing process as a number of jobs have been resolved but not followed the call process to auto close after 48 hours?

@Saz@DC

We will have more details to share later, but my understanding is this was specifically related to logging requests, in certain cases where optional data was not provided.  So while I cannot definitively answer yes or no to your specific question without further investigation, I can say its highly likely that auto closing would not be affected. 

Gerry

@BenKeeley

We do not appear to have been given permission to access your instance as an admin, we can, with your permission still do this but we would have to run through a password recovery process because of our data protection policies. I will ask a member of our team to contact you directly and get this sorted with you

Gerry

Thank you - we are now able to log new tickets and use the button to restart last  step

But Change requests are not so good, we get through the assessment but get the same error afterwards just before it goes to scheduling.  The restart the last step doesn't work for these.

Do I need to click on the update as it says there is still an update to run?  Even  though I did it earlier this morning?

4 minutes ago, HGrigsby said:

Thank you - we are now able to log new tickets and use the button to restart last  step

But Change requests are not so good, we get through the assessment but get the same error afterwards just before it goes to scheduling.  The restart the last step doesn't work for these.

Do I need to click on the update as it says there is still an update to run?  Even  though I did it earlier this morning?

Your instance was hotfixed so not sure why you are seeing this, your instance reports its on 1156 of Service Manager and 1160 is the latest available build which is why you are seeing the update button.  You can apply the update without an issue but if there is a different problem with Change requests then that might not help.  Let me raise this with the team so they can do a quick investigation, in the meantime please feel free to update the SM app to 1160

Gerry

HI @Gerry

We are still having issues with Changes, even those raised after the fix was applied. Our process for Standard Change includes a step where all actions, except schedule, are locked allowing for the owner to set the schedule. When the change gets to the point where it locks these actions, we get the attached. I then have to set the schedule and restart the process at which point everything works.

This looks to be the same thing that @HGrigsby mentioned above.

Chris

ScheduleError.png

@chrisnutt

Thanks for the post, yes I am afraid its a problem and its the same root cause, fixes already done and tested and are being deployed.  We are also reviewing all Flowcodes now we know what to look for to uncover any other less frequently used areas that might be affected. I will post here as soon as its been applied. 

Gerry